Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just eliminated two enemy blocks by attacking them from their rear and creating a sandwich attack (see rule 21, last paragraph), I ended up with two of my blocks in the same position, but facing each other.

Now under rule 10, it says "At the end of your action phase, any of your blocks in the same position together must have the same front and rear." Does this effectively mandate that my non-attacking block in that sandwich position must reverse facing to match the winning attacking block's facing (if it wants to remain in the position)? I don't think I get to change the facing of the attacking block after the attack.

As best as I can tell, I think it does mandate that facing change. But I wanted to hear what others think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:

As best as I can tell, I think it does mandate that facing change. But I wanted to hear what others think.

It does mandate a facing change. Attacking block(s) cannot change facing, so it has to be the non-attacking block(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Anderson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can the sandwiching block that did not lead the attack now participate in an attack on a different position? If so, which way is it facing for attack potential purposes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.