Subject: Multiplier for experts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alfred smith
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I assume if you have 2 wine experts of each color face up in front of you and and are able to place your barrel on the multiplier that gives you points for different wine experts, you would get 16 points. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
From the last page of the rules:
Quote:
The Player immediately receives 8 VP if he currently has, face-up in front of him, Wine Experts specialized in each of the 4 wine features.

So, nope. Eight points only, I'm afraid. It does not say "each set" earns 8 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asmith wrote:
I assume if you have 2 wine experts of each color face up in front of you and and are able to place your barrel on the multiplier that gives you points for different wine experts, you would get 16 points. Is this correct?

Actually this cannot happen. Becausa your expert´s hand limit is 6 ( and, off course, two sets are 8 experts).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luish Moraes Coelho
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a comment about this multiplier. This is, by far, the worst multiplier of the three. Because it is an all or nothing situation. And to have four experts of different colors seems alot of effort for not too many points. Plus, it is not very effective since we may use only two colors on the fair.

My group have suggested a variant for this multiplier (to make it similar to the other two): 2 points for each active expert, no matter what color it is (could give the same 8 points if one has four experts, and could give twelve at most, if one has six experts).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Geffert
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
luish wrote:
Just a comment about this multiplier. This is, by far, the worst multiplier of the three. Because it is an all or nothing situation. And to have four experts of different colors seems alot of effort for not too many points. Plus, it is not very effective since we may use only two colors on the fair.

My group have suggested a variant for this multiplier (to make it similar to the other two): 2 points for each active expert, no matter what color it is (could give the same 8 points if one has four experts, and could give twelve at most, if one has six experts).

I have to disagree with Luish. I saw this multiplier in action and managed to use it too. We had a few games where everybody had several experts, so the chance was given. 8 points is still strong.
However We never ever had the renown cobe multiplier used, but as playing more and more games of Vinhos I start to see that even these sources of VPs are getting to be inevitable to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.