Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing new here, but it is cool to see what it sounds like when they don't know we're watching.

Quote:
"I just did CNN and I just go over and over again 'We're willing to compromise, we're willing to negotiate.' I think -- I don't think they poll tested 'we won't negotiate.' I think it's awful for them to say that over and over again," Paul said of the Obama administration's stance on the shutdown.

"Yeah, I do too, and I just came back from that two hour meeting with them, and that was basically the same view privately as it was publicly," McConnell said.

"I think if we keep saying 'We wanted to defund it. We fought for that but now we're willing to compromise on this,' I think they can't -- we're gonna, I think -- well I know we don't want to be here, but we're gonna win this I think," he said.

We know that the Republicans are better at "shaping the message" and keeping the sane members of their caucus on message. Rand Paul's comment about the Democrats not "poll-testing" their messages is most certainly true, but it also illustrates how the Republicans think.

He also thinks they are going to "win"... Win what exactly? I don't think there can be a winner out of this mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: McConnell and Paul caught on a hot mike.
jmilum wrote:

He also thinks they are going to "win"... Win what exactly?

The PR battle ahead of whatever the next election cycle is. What else matters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
fenners wrote:
jmilum wrote:

He also thinks they are going to "win"... Win what exactly?

The PR battle ahead of whatever the next election cycle is. What else matters?

Nothing is more important than winning the next election. Not morality. Not governing. Not saving lives. NOTHING!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
They are so deluded if they think they are going to "win" by doing this. I want that Koolaid they are drinking. It must have excellent drugs and booze in it.

I am going to be Daisy until they lose...however long that takes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
There's nothing new here, but it is cool to see what it sounds like when they don't know we're watching.

Quote:
"I just did CNN and I just go over and over again 'We're willing to compromise, we're willing to negotiate.' I think -- I don't think they poll tested 'we won't negotiate.' I think it's awful for them to say that over and over again," Paul said of the Obama administration's stance on the shutdown.

"Yeah, I do too, and I just came back from that two hour meeting with them, and that was basically the same view privately as it was publicly," McConnell said.

"I think if we keep saying 'We wanted to defund it. We fought for that but now we're willing to compromise on this,' I think they can't -- we're gonna, I think -- well I know we don't want to be here, but we're gonna win this I think," he said.

We know that the Republicans are better at "shaping the message" and keeping the sane members of their caucus on message. Rand Paul's comment about the Democrats not "poll-testing" their messages is most certainly true, but it also illustrates how the Republicans think.

He also thinks they are going to "win"... Win what exactly? I don't think there can be a winner out of this mess.

WTH?

The screen of "suggested" videos after this finishes is very "suggestive" all right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears to be some sort of SEO. All those videos are named the same as the hot mic one, but with different cover shots. They also seem to be the same sports show. Kooky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
They are so deluded if they think they are going to "win" by doing this. I want that Koolaid they are drinking. It must have excellent drugs and booze in it.

I am going to be Daisy until they lose...however long that takes.
Yep, given that the polls seem to indicate that most Americans want the bill passed clean rather then have a shut down. It's hard to see who they think they are grandstanding for.

It's like the autistic kid who pulls his trousers down in a shop for attention not understanding it's not positive attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing they can win is TeaBaggers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:

I'd teabag them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
CrankyPants wrote:
Altair IV wrote:

I'd teabag them.

Paul Ryan wasn't in that video.
thats because he doesn't support holding the CR hostage for Obamacare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Quote:

Nobody wants to see how they make the sausages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two-sides of the same coin

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405270230349250457911...

Quote:
Said a senior administration official: "We are winning...It doesn't really matter to us" how long the shutdown lasts "because what matters is the end result."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Senator saying it vs. an anonymous senior administration official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that is the standard way to get information out of the WH. I would also expect that the McConnell/Rand conversation was semi-staged, knowing they would probably be overheard.

This is about politics on both sides, at some level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that the WH has disavowed that comment and stated that no one wins in this mess. I don't know if Rand Paul has done the same for his comment. If it was staged, then I suppose not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.