Casey Lee
United States
West Columbia
SC
flag msg tools
badge
I love my wife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if an action point is needed for any action that is taken due to playing an action card? For example, if the card is played where you can move your knight two floors higher than the space the knight is on, do you still need to spend an action to move it?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ghilardi
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
The answer to your question can be found in this thread.

Oeco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Simicek
Czech Republic
Velke Mezirici
flag msg tools
mbmb
AFAIK, using action card and action from it is free. Only buing card costs one action point. But you can play only one card per turn and you cannot play card in the same turn in which you bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lee
United States
West Columbia
SC
flag msg tools
badge
I love my wife!
mbmbmbmbmb
basic wrote:
AFAIK, using action card and action from it is free. Only buing card costs one action point. But you can play only one card per turn and you cannot play card in the same turn in which you bought it.

We played where buying an action card cost one AP and playing it was for free and can only be done on the next turn. However we didn't realize that we can only play one Action card per turn.

Also it was clear that it was free to PLAY the action card but not as clear whether you need to PAY for the actions from the a action cards that gave you special abilities, e.g. going up 2 floors with the knight, it normally cost an AP to move one floor up, the action card lets you break the rule so that you can go up 2 floors, but would we still have to pay one AP to move the knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules again it's definitely not obvious, but I think using other action cards as the basis for a decision gives us the answer.

For example, one of the action cards is to add another castle block. It wouldn't make sense if this wasn't a free action, or you'd just use an action to do it. So this card clearly gives you something for free. Essentially you've "prepaid" by spending an action to take the card in the first place.

Given this I'd say that you do not pay an ap for the movement of the knight in your example above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lee
United States
West Columbia
SC
flag msg tools
badge
I love my wife!
mbmbmbmbmb
feydjm wrote:
After reading the rules again it's definitely not obvious, but I think using other action cards as the basis for a decision gives us the answer.

For example, one of the action cards is to add another castle block. It wouldn't make sense if this wasn't a free action, or you'd just use an action to do it. So this card clearly gives you something for free. Essentially you've "prepaid" by spending an action to take the card in the first place.

Given this I'd say that you do not pay an ap for the movement of the knight in your example above.

That's good reasoning and that makes sense to me now. Thanks for pointing that out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.