5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: NaNoWriMo, anyone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
I'm thinking of joining NaNoWriMo this year. It's a daunting prospect, but November is going to be a fairly free, and I've been mentally working on a novel dealing with immortality for the past 3 months. So I'm thinking I might as well try my hand at it. Otherwise it'll just become another forgotten project.

Has anyone on here been in NaNoWriMo before? I'd love to get all the tips and pointers you guys would be willing to share!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
To me, a perfect storm would be one which rains down Reddi-Wip and cherries.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never participated before, but both my wife (trophywife) and I are strongly considering trying it this year. Back in the late '80s I was a member of a writers' group called The Dorsal Fin Society, based on the Clarion Workshop model, and hosted by the late Cathy Ball of Norman, OK. I managed to get five or six chapters of a novel written, but got busy with other things and let the book languish. I'm thinking that getting involved with NaNoWriMo will push me to finish the story.

My wife has a couple of book ideas and plans to decide on one to tackle this year.

If anyone is forming a BGG NaNoWriMo group, we'd love to be included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been considering it, despite the fact that I'll be attending BGG.con this year. Like Euen, I've had a pretty complete idea bouncing around in my head for a few months, and I've been holding onto it in anticipation of NaNoWriMo. So yeah, if there's a group forming, put my name on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done it a few times, but I don't have the time anymore.

nycavri's practically the poster child for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's even a BGG Guild for it. Kind of quiet lately, but it isn't the right month yet. Or write month, however you want to say it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/589
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.