Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or rethemed, if you prefer.

Way back when someone proposed making the Ghosts into a normal race, using their Well of Souls ability to generate more tokens, but without the Necromancer's ability to buy tokens and powers, or special win conditions. That stuck in my mind as something to try, but I never got around to it. Now I won't have to, because the Igors have practically the same ability with a couple of minor tweaks.

Now I'll have to see if I can figure out something else cool to do with a bunch of Ghost tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
Barliman wrote:
Igors are resurrected Ghosts!

Yes they are.

Barliman wrote:
Now I'll have to see if I can figure out something else cool to do with a bunch of Ghost tokens.

Yes you will. I take it that "something else cool" doesn't include actually using the Necromancer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
bandit_boy7 wrote:
Yes you will. I take it that "something else cool" doesn't include actually using the Necromancer?

No beacuse the Necromancer rules are broken, and will lead to the Necromancer winning 80% of all games.

Well them the players just need to gang up on the Necromancer

Won't work. Players A & B are leading (or at least percieved to be leading).

If Players C, D & E attack Players A & B, they help the Necromancer, and in the end they loose.

If Players C, D & E attack the Necromancer, they help Players A & B stay in the lead, and in the end they loose.

Small World is a bash the Leader (or at least the percieved leader) game, but it's impossible to bash both the Necromancer and the percieved leader(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bandit_boy7 wrote:
Barliman wrote:

Yes indeed.

Don't hold your breath though. I have a lot of other things on my plate that would come first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lars
Without turning this into a redundant thread about the Necromancer, let me just suggest that with a house rule or two the Necromancer is a fully playable, balanced, and enjoyable addition to Small World. Nobody's forcing you to play with the broken rules as broken...er, written.

Re: Barliman
No pressure, I'm the same way right now. Buried by projects. I was just "leading" you with a question to see what you had to say...since you started this thread...so...um, yeah...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is your "house rule or two"?

I guess you better post that in the NI forums, or link to it if already there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello there

Here is what I am doing with my ghosts:

GHOSTS
Ghosts do not get a power and enter the board as an in-decline race (14 tokens). They count against the one declined race rule. When ghosts decline, they score, and a new race immediately enters and starts a normal turn, scoring a second time.

Basically, it is a declined race. They don't get powers OR control places or relics. They decline as usual, but you immediately start playing, taking others by surprise with your new race. The two scores in a single turn offsets the fact that when you take ghosts, you lose you previous race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barliman wrote:
What is your "house rule or two"?

I guess you better post that in the NI forums, or link to it if already there.

Here you go, Bryan, I was gonna write this up and get back to you, but I had a project come up this past week, so I've been busy--you know what I mean?
Here's a link to my Variant Rules for the Necromancer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.