Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Referencing these posts:
Heroes: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1048576/teen-titans-hero...
Villains: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1048583/teen-titans-vill...
Others: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1048678/teen-titans-a-fe...

I created these with the idea of themed team battles. One team of players chooses only from heroes, and the other only from villains. They play the game alternating turns with each player having their own deck. Attacks played by your partner have no effect. Total each teams' points at the end, and highest wins.

Here are some other game modes that look fun (point values may need tweaking though):

Building a Reputation - Normally, buying or gaining a (super)villain represents beating them and gaining experience. For villain players, this represents them assisting the (super)villain in their plot and gaining them as an ally (while buying a hero represents defeating the hero and gaining experience).
In this variant, the team that defeats/helps the most supervillains (most supervillains in their combined decks at the end) gain a bonus +2 victory points for each supervillain. However, Supervillains are considered to be worth 0 points otherwise.

Master Plans - The supervillains are scheming. It's up to the heroes to stop them and the villains to support them!
Whenever a Supervillain card is bought, place it in a separate area out of play near the team that bought it. The villain has been jailed or has succeeded on their master plan. On a future turn, a player on the appropriate team may flip the villain over to use its play power. A villain can only be flipped this way once, but it still adds its points to the team at the end of the game.
ALTERNATE: Do the above for the hero team, BUT: Whenever a Supervillain card is bought by the villains, place it in a separate area out of play. The villain has succeeded at their plan. On a future turn, a villain player may flip the villain over to trigger its First Attack ability, which affects only the hero players. Each villain may only be flipped like this once, but it still adds its points to the villain team at the end of the game.

Recruitment Drive - Time to recruit for the cause! In this straightforward variant, heroes get +1 VP for each hero they have in their combined deck. Villains get +1 VP for each villain they have in their combined deck. Don't forget that supervillains count as villains.

Strike! - Recruitment is going well, but it's time to strike! The goal is to defeat potential recruits of your opponent while defending your own. At the end of the game, the heroes count their total villain cards and the villains count their total hero cards. If the heroes have MORE VILLAINS than the villains, they successfully struck and score a bonus +5 victory points. If the villains have MORE HEROES than the heroes, then they successfully struck and score a bonus of +5 victory points.
In this variant, unlike recruitment, you don't score points for matching types (heroes don't score for heroes, villains don't score for villains), but buying your own type will raise your number and make it harder for the other side to score a successful strike at the end. Do not count Supervillains as villains for purposes of this endgame scoring.

Tournament - This variant can be played with any game mode and doesn't need to be a team game. What are you best at?
Each player or team counts their total super powers, heroes, villains and equipment separately. Whoever has the most of each category scores +3 VP (for a total of 12 vp to be given). If there is a tie, all tied receive +2 VP instead. Do NOT count super villains as villains for the purposes of this scoring.

Hall of Doom The hero team is trying to dislodge the villains from the hall of doom. When a supervillain is flipped, the first attack only affects the hero team. When the heroes buy or gain a supervillain, remove it from play. When the villains buy or gain a supervillain, either remove it from play or activate the first attack, which only affects the heroes.
This is highly untested.

HQs: For 2 vs 2 team games. Place the Titans Tower in front of the heroes and the Arkham Asylum in front of the villains. Heroes may use the Tower and villains may use the Asylum each of their turns.

Any of these game modes can be combined together. As stated above, the VP awards may need tweaking, but the basic concepts are down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurn
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I like the Master Plans mode best! Problem is I don't know anything about the teen titans series so not very likely I will print these custom cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like all of them EXCEPT Master plans; Supervillains are already the best source of victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One other idea:

HQs: For 2 vs 2 team games. Place the Titans Tower in front of the heroes and the Arkham Asylum in front of the villains. Heroes may use the Tower and villains may use the Asylum each of their turns.

The tower will give the heroes a card on any 2 or 3 cost card, which is better than the watchtower's per hero card. However, since super villains count as villains, the villain players will get opportunities to get extra cards from these already powerful point cards. Curious how this will work.

EDIT: added HQs to original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
I like all of them EXCEPT Master plans; Supervillains are already the best source of victory points.

The more I look at it, the more I start to agree. It's like whichever team has the most ends up with another one. I wonder if there is a way to integrate the idea thematically with less effect. +3 VP? Feel free to tweak, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bungeeboy wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

The more I look at it, the more I start to agree. It's like whichever team has the most ends up with another one. I wonder if there is a way to integrate the idea thematically with less effect. +3 VP? Feel free to tweak, of course.

How about:
+Supervillains are set aside when bought or gained, instead of going into your deck
+All cards are worth 1 less point (to a minimum of 0, except Weaknesses)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
bungeeboy wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

How about:
+Supervillains are set aside when bought or gained, instead of going into your deck
+All cards are worth 1 less point (to a minimum of 0, except Weaknesses)

Not a bad idea. Supervillains are basically the only points in this version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.