Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. It would add some interest to the game to have a variety of Madness effects. I don't know whether that would balance or some other aspect of gameplay, but it seems worth trying. If you try it, tell us how it goes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Verhaeghe
msg tools
I really feel that adding new affects to the Madness Cards adds a lot to the game. There are times when "draw 2 cards" cannot be taken advantage of well by certain factions. Instead of encouraging these factions to automatically choose the "return to deck" option you now have to think about whether this new ability may help you or not. After all, the ability may be more than just "draw 2". I also feel that none of these new abilities break the game in that by using "the rule of 2" (2 cards, 2 power ect.) these abilities are low impact enough to not swing the game too much in any player's favor but still create more opportunities for deep strategy. Lastly, if anyone does take advantage of these new cards they now accept the -1 vp penalty just as before only now there will be a greater intensive to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.