Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb

-If a ? token is present on a action pile, does it resolve on an action where two pawns are placed? The french edition rulebook seems to imply you only do if you roll dices.

-Can you use temporary weapon, given for example by treasure cards like the saber, to solve an action on a threat that require a weapon level you don't actually have?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Take it easy baby, take it as it comes ... (The Doors)
badge
Enjoy Life! Just do it!
mbmbmbmb
If a ?-token is on an adventure-deck, you have to draw an adventure-card even if the action was secure (with two pawns). If you do an insecure action and have to roll the dice, and the die shows a ?, you still draw only 1 adventure-card.

For your second question I have heard different opinions, my understanding of the rules is that you need to have the required weaponlevel. So you cannot solve a threat-event with temporary weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) My understanding is whether or not you roll the dice you have to draw an (?) card. IF you roll a (?) you still only draw one card. Basically next time you do that action, you are drawing a card.

2) You can use it for something that requires weapon level. That's what they are. Temporary weapon level to be used for any weapon-y purpose.

They cannot be used instead of "decreasing your weapon level" because they are not actually a level on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, whenever weapon level is a requirement, that means the actual level, and it cannot be temporarily raised.
"Requirement" as in "action requirement", or "token requirement" or even "if a card asks about it".

Which, in turn, means:
As far as I know, temporary weapon levels only ever can be used when you are FIGHTING...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
I am referring to the PORTAL version when I answer...

It depends on the card. So maybe a different example, where it is not clear, would be better to give you a concise answer. I say this because "SABRE" says the followig:

"Each time a player fights the Beast he can use..."

So, it makes it clear it can only be used fighting beasts.

One like "ANTIQUE RAPIER" says +2 weapon, so this actually raises the weapon level.

Now consider "OLD RIFLE". This is of the type I think you wish to question, because this says "..use it once to temporally[sic] get +3 weapon"

The rules tell us that a TEMPORARY WEAPON level increase lasts for the duration of an ACTION, but it does not limit which types of Action the player is performing, so you should assume that you can temporarily raise your weapon level for ANY type of action, including resolving threats.

This is my own view.

best wishes. hope this helps ! Rick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks a lot for the answers everyone.

@Box of Delights - It is also my line of thought concerning weapon. It makes sense that to resolve an action requiring a weapon level that you use for example one marker on your pistol to give you a +3 for the action. What I'm really not sure about is when the weapon boost is constant, like the saber. Does that mean that to perform the same action I would have to lose 1 life to access the bonus and clear the action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
couteaupapillon wrote:
Thanks a lot for the answers everyone.

@Box of Delights - It is also my line of thought concerning weapon. It makes sense that to resolve an action requiring a weapon level that you use for example one marker on your pistol to give you a +3 for the action. What I'm really not sure about is when the weapon boost is constant, like the saber. Does that mean that to perform the same action I would have to lose 1 life to access the bonus and clear the action?

The sabre can only be used when battling beasts.

Do you have a real-game example ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.