Stephen Allen
Australia
TERALBA
NSW
flag msg tools
The space left intentionally blank
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) In Pan's skill description it says (twice) Pan starts as one of McCrays unclaimed robots, but in the "Pan/Hal Starting Robots" it says Pan starts as one of McCray's robots. The former is correct, right?

2) Does Pan, the Judge or random selection choose Pan's starting robot?

3) Does Pan's start-bot copy or replace the robot it's disguised as? (eg if Pan starts as Techbot then will there be two techbots on the map?)

4)When Pan asks the Judge to impersonate a previously-lost character:
- can this be ANY inactive character or only ones that Pan is aware of or has interacted with?
- Does Pan, the Judge or random selection choose the character?

[unlikely but...]
5) If Pan is mind-controlled then is the Mind Control alien aware of Pan or just the character Pan is impersonating? Similarly, can Mind Control's telepathy see through Pan's disguise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Technically the robots are McCray's, even if they are "unclaimed". (From the scenario background) So yes, you are correct.

2) Judge by random selection. Pan doesn't know which are unclaimed.

3) Phil might correct me on this, but I would say it copies it.

4) Again, Phil might correct me, but if Pan knows a certain character is inactive, Pan can ask for that character. Or Pan can just ask the judge for a random character that has been lost. Not recommended, this is just a random shot in the dark at that point.

5) Telepathy can't detect Pan. (it detects whatever Pan is disguised as)
Mind Control is only aware of the person Pan is impersonating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil's getting ready for Essen, so I'll jump in here and give you my interpretations.

3) Replace, since Pan's been on the ship for some time and has disposed of the incriminating remains of the original bot.

4) It's always the Judge's decision, which is why I used the somewhat awkward "ask the Judge to select" phrasing.

5) Telepathy should really have been named Clairvoyance, since it's really just a psychic video camera. Mind Control takes over the target, but doesn't read its mind. So neither of these methods will reveal Pan.

Note that if the mind-controlled Pan is ordered to use an ability it doesn't actually have (like the Sailmaker access code key) then what's going on will become obvious soon enough. However, Pan could try some subterfuge here, like claiming that the key is being blocked by the main computer. In a quad-blind game, you never really know what's going on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.