Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on when this is actually going to be released? Specifically for the Kickstarter packages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I beleive the last update stated the end of October, though it wouldn't shock me to see it pushed again.

I had 6 KS projectes all estimate for September 2013 delivery and not a single one came through. I think folks need to start padding estimates by a few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
Union
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kickstarter Update 54 wrote:
We've just completed a thorough review of the project and there are a couple of things we needed to adjust:

1. The plastic terrain won't fit in the core box - the whole thing becomes just too big to put on a retail shelf. All backers will still get the plastic terrain for free, but the retail box won't include them - they'll be available separately. What will be included will be a set of card counters as originally designed, and backers will get that as well.

2. The clip on damage markers are trickier than we expected, so we're doing some more work on the tool so that it will work better. The scope of the add-ons is adding more time than we anticipated, mostly in the moldmaking phase which needs to get done correctly. This means the schedule has to be revised:

a. Shipment 1 will only include the core box and possibly the plastic terrain, and will most likely complete production in October and will likely ship from our warehouses in November.

b. Shipment 2 will contain everything else, all the free items and optional items including the Battle of Brighton and the heavy tanks, and this will go out as scheduled in Q1 2014.

We apologize for the 2 month delay, but felt this was necessary in order to ensure that Rivet Wars you receive is a solid product. We'll update again as the project progresses.

As usual, if you have any concerns about your specific pledge, please email kickstarter@cmon.com and we'll get back to you in about one business day.

Emphasis mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few to many most likely and will likely for my liking. I have no regrets with jumping in on this campaign as I believe this will be a great game...it is the wait that makes things hard.

My concern with all of these Kickstarter campaigns is the fact that it is becoming more and more the norm for these games to get pushed back and longer waits ahead. Yes, I fully agree I would rather wait a bit longer for things to get done right however it can not be ignored that as stated before, it is becoming more of a norm for these games to get pushed back.

Game on;
-John-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwiser wrote:
A few to many most likely and will likely for my liking. I have no regrets with jumping in on this campaign as I believe this will be a great game...it is the wait that makes things hard.

My concern with all of these Kickstarter campaigns is the fact that it is becoming more and more the norm for these games to get pushed back and longer waits ahead. Yes, I fully agree I would rather wait a bit longer for things to get done right however it can not be ignored that as stated before, it is becoming more of a norm for these games to get pushed back.

Game on;
-John-

Just to be clear, taking longer to publish a game does NOT mean that things will be done right. It could just mean it took longer, and things were still not done right! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I am trying to remain positive while I wait, thank you

Game on;
-John-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I reading the current updates correctly? Are they expecting to have the game to us in December/January?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Veltre
United States
Middleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:
Am I reading the current updates correctly? Are they expecting to have the game to us in December/January?

That is how I'm reading into it. I like that CMON is finally offering something (6 new free figures (2 different types)) for their delay in shipping. I haven't seen them do this for their other games that went out late. I'm happier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xMindFreak wrote:
Dreamshadow wrote:

That is how I'm reading into it. I like that CMON is finally offering something (6 new free figures (2 different types)) for their delay in shipping. I haven't seen them do this for their other games that went out late. I'm happier.

Where did you see that announcement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
xMindFreak wrote:
Dreamshadow wrote:

Where did you see that announcement?

In the latest update:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/rivet-wars...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does not help matters is when the lines of communication break down. From my understanding, and correct me if I am wrong here, the November 15th date to ship to CMoN is not going to happen because of a quality control issue. Nothing serious and from what I understand it was for the better of the game. Sounds good and happy they were able to catch this and produce a quality game.

However this was posted before November 15th and we are now fast approaching December 15th and no news on where we are at this point. This is what scares me. It use to be that no news was good news but that does not apply here. No news means we have come to a stand still or worse...another delay that we have yet to be told about. Yikes! I had a gut feeling this was not going to be to us by Thanksgiving and now with no news and December chipping away...I am feeling that our chances of a Rivet Wars Christmas are getting dimmer and dimmer (however I do believe and will keep hope in my heart that I will be able to bring this to my table on Christmas Day...I DO believe, I DO, I DO, I DO.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exactly what they did with Zombicide, and exactly what they have just done with Relic Knights. Fortunately CMON deliver good products, unfortunately their communication with backers is poor, especially when they have bad news, and often they just post vague updates with no real information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
Union
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They've posted another update indicating to have your address confirmed by the 9th and they will begin shipping on the 15th of December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Miller
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think December 15th is the base game (same as you'd get in retail) and the expansions and Kickstarter extra figures are second wave next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fine by me, gives me time to get some play in with the base game before I start expanding it with the extras!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.