David Stewart
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools

*Something* volcanic *something* island *something* (still working on a name)

Worker placement/resource management

Play time: 30-45 minutes.

2-4 players.

Basic primes of the game:
You are a village chief, on a volcanic island. The volcano is erupting; your goal is to save your village by building walls around as much of it as possible, or by building enough boats for as many of your villagers as possible to leave the island before it is too late.

Game play:

The game consists of six stages. Each stage consists of a resource gather phase and a building phase. At the end of each stage of the game another row of lava is added to the board. At the end of the sixth stage whichever player has saved the most of their villagers wins.

Game board

Building board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
You could call it Mauna Kea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
You could call it Mauna Kea

That was my first thought too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stewart
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools

Well that is not too surprising, part of the reason I posted was to see if there was anything similar out there, my searches did not turn anything up. Although Mauna Keadoes look slightly similar, and the theme is obviously similar. The only other real comparison that I can make based on the limited information I can find about Mauna Kea is that both games have lava tiles.

If anyone has played Mauna Kea and can offer a more in-depth comparison I would appreciate that.

From the description on BGG it says Mauna Kea is a tile laying, grid moment, hand management game. Whereas the game I am working on is worker placement and resource management. I am trying to find the rules just to make sure though.

I Goggled Mauna Kea and the only references to the game that I could find were the ones on BGG. Granted I only looked through the first few pages of search results.

Thanks again for putting Mauna Kea out there. Like I said my search for similar games did not reveal much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.