Krosmaster: Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Steals Health and attack that costs health. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My character has one HP remaining and she wants to use an attack that inflicts one damage on herself as a cost. That character has the steals health ability. Can she make the attack and before she gets knocked out will she heal with the effect of steal health?

Odd situation but it happened to us with Coa Gulari using a buff giving her steals health and +1 damage.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My call on it would be no.
But I guess it's how it's all viewed.

Do ALL effects of an attack happen at the same time, at the end of the attack?
Or does the attack happen, and then the damage/effect to target?

I would lean towards the later.
So you would have to launch the attack and suffer any effects on the attacker, and then play out the damage and effects on the target.
That seems to fit better imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 24 of the rulebook Casting An Attack Spell
1: Pay the cost
2: Additional Effects
3: Critical Hit
4: Armor
5: Place the injury markers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the Pay the Costs step my figure is already knocked out? Will the attack be executed? Who takes the GG if I knocked out my own figure ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noom777 wrote:
So in the Pay the Costs step my figure is already knocked out? Will the attack be executed? Who takes the GG if I knocked out my own figure ?

1: Correct.
2: No.
3: The person who knocked you out gains the Gallons Of Glory (since you technically knocked yourself out, you give the GG to yourself, so in effect the GG goes nowhere).

If you like I have a video review here on the 'Geek that goes over the rules fairly well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
As an official Krosmaster Judge I can affirm most of theses answers are wrong.

You can use a spell if you have enough health. If you have 1HP left, you can use a spell that cost 1HP, but not one that costs 3HP.

You then die. When you kill your own krosmaster, you have to choose which opponent to give the GG to (so in a 1 vs 1, your only opponent). If at this point you have no GG left, you loose the game immediately.

Otherwise, we apply all additionnal effects of the spell
roll for crit and armor
give the damage tokens, and continue as usual.

Basic rules from the booklet are a short summary of the rules. A complementary document with full details about the rules is available as a French PDF. I don't know if Ankama or JAG is going to translate it.

As a summary, if you play quentin flush, with 1HP left, against a lvl 3 krosmaster. The current GG score is 2 to 1, you may kill yourself with the cost (1 to 2) kill the lvl 3, and win the game.

I might do it myself if I have enough time, but we are currently in version 1.4b

Drallieiv, official KMA judge
http://www.krosmaster.com/fr/forum/fd67e8e5938e-utilisateur-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amauri Silva Lima Filho
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
drallieiv wrote:
As an official Krosmaster Judge I can affirm most of theses answers are wrong.

You can use a spell if you have enough health. If you have 1HP left, you can use a spell that cost 1HP, but not one that costs 3HP.

You then die. When you kill your own krosmaster, you have to choose which opponent to give the GG to (so in a 1 vs 1, your only opponent). If at this point you have no GG left, you loose the game immediately.

Otherwise, we apply all additionnal effects of the spell
roll for crit and armor
give the damage tokens, and continue as usual.

Basic rules from the booklet are a short summary of the rules. A complementary document with full details about the rules is available as a French PDF. I don't know if Ankama or JAG is going to translate it.

As a summary, if you play quentin flush, with 1HP left, against a lvl 3 krosmaster. The current GG score is 2 to 1, you may kill yourself with the cost (1 to 2) kill the lvl 3, and win the game.

I might do it myself if I have enough time, but we are currently in version 1.4b

Drallieiv, official KMA judge
http://www.krosmaster.com/fr/forum/fd67e8e5938e-utilisateur-...

Now my head exploded! Sooo... Just to clarify:
1-Once a winning condition happen, the game is over.
2-Once a spell starts, it needs to be fully resolved, regardless of the status of the characters involved, but dependent on the status of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.