Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of Scarab Lords, the first game in this series, and eagerly anticipated Minotaur Lords. However the one disappointment is that the two Minotaur sides are unbalanced because one has Horde Minions (where you get a strength factor for each Horde card on the board) while the other doesn't. As the Blue factor player, all you need to do is get out as many "0" factor Horde cards as you can, and your opponent won;t get a look in! I've plated Minotaur Lords 8 times now, and never lost with the blue facton.

Pity because it's a great game. We need a rule to limit the power of the Horde cards!!

Colin
Crystal Palace
London
England

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you aware of the errata which states that the power of a horde card is determined solely by the number of horde cards in its column and not the total number of cards in play?

See the thread http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/62578

The trick for the red deck is to curse those horde cards (i.e. get some relgious supremecy and use some of the cursing cards in the red deck).

I have yet to play Scarab Lords, so I can't compare how the two play, but on first inspection I don't like the lack of zero phase cards in Scarab Lords, and I don't like how many of the cards are shared between the red and blue decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh yes, that errata is probably teh most important errata ever, and the sides are horribly unbalanced without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that! My girlfriend who was repeatedly thrashed by me, when she was playing the Red faction, said that the game was unbalanced and that there must be rule changes. Indeed there were!

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Durandetta
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
It should be noted that the errata is a rules correction, not a rules change. The game was designed and playtested using the only-in-the-column rule, and an unfortunate wording choice made the errata necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I came here and found this out, cus after playing the game for the first time over the weekend we were really wondering how you deal with blue's hordes properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.