5 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Proximity Jenga rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
in a 100 point setup, what is the maximum number of proximity mines that you can possibly stack on top of one another in one go?

I was thinking:

Scimitar TIEbomb flies straight and drops Proximity #1

2nd scimitar TIEbomber flies hard 3 around Proximity #1 and drops Proximity #2 overlapping prox1 (lets call it prox# for short)

3rd scimitar flies straight next to the mines and does a barrel roll. Black sqd TIE + squad leader comes in and commands 3rd scimitar to drop prox3

Jonus flies into the general area without hitting the proximity mines, does a barrel roll, together with PTL drops prox4

total of 101 points, hmm.... guess i have to cut off 1 proximity mine then.

any other methods?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Berger
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see an animation / video of that maneuver. Did you manage to do this in an actual game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy betsch
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
You could drop 5 in a giant line, having 3 bombers lined up less than 1 apart from each other, and 2 more behind them in between the inner guy and outer guys. Have the forward three go 2 straight and drop, and the back guys go 2 hard to their direction and drop, making a great wall of ohcrap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
eruletho wrote:
You could drop 5 in a giant line, having 3 bombers lined up less than 1 apart from each other, and 2 more behind them in between the inner guy and outer guys. Have the forward three go 2 straight and drop, and the back guys go 2 hard to their direction and drop, making a great wall of ohcrap

my idea of stacking them is to have the poor fella who decides to fly through all of them at once roll 3xN number of dices

I did it once with 2 proximity mines, dropped them overlapping each other in front of an Xwing that has yet to move, when he revealed his dial it was too late, and he basically died from the mines instantly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
eruletho wrote:
making a great wall of ohcrap

Couldn't stop laughing when I read this
This would be the exact thing I would say when I saw something like that. Going to try to make my own wall later tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.