2 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] HB Engineering the Present rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
I would like to share with you a decklist of mine.
The idea behind the deck is Tempo Scoring. It's kind of cloning Weyland strategy with various adaptation based on HB, since we don't have Scorched.

OM : HB EtP (49 cards)

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Agenda (11)
2 Accelerated Beta Test
2 Efficiency Committee
3 False Lead
1 Priority Requisition
3 Project Vitruvius

Asset (6)
2 Adonis Campaign
3 Jackson Howard •••
1 Melange Mining Corp

Upgrade (4)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
2 Corporate Troubleshooter

Operation (9)
1 Anonymous Tip
2 Bioroid Efficiency Research
3 Hedge Fund
3 Oversight AI ••••• •

Barrier (8)
1 Bastion
3 Heimdall 2.0
1 Ice Wall
3 Wall of Static

Code Gate (5)
3 Enigma
2 NEXT Bronze

Sentry (5)
2 Archer ••••
1 Grim
2 Ichi 2.0

ICE (1)
1 Howler

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

I haven't been able to test it much yet. And the reason behind me sharing it is because I can't seem to find the time to do it. So if anyone is willing to test it and give some feedback, it will be much appreciated.

To make things appealing, here's the tought process behind some card choices.

LOTS of ETR ices, rather cheap
You want to force the runner to build his rig, letting you enough time to prepare your scoring server. Defending HQ is essential both for your strategy to work and for siphon defense.

LOTS of Trashing program
To make sure your cheap ETR ICES can win you the game, all the big ICES are trash program oriented. The goal is to force the runner to spend credit on his installation and preservation of program, or lose them and give you another opportunity to score.

Oversight AI + Bioroid Efficiency
Those are other ways to force the runner to rig up. But this time, it should allow you to score 3/1 or 3/2 agendas peacefully.
You never pay for Heimdall or Ichi 2.0 directly. You may however pay for Archer if you see the opportunity to trash the runner programs.
To have an efficient scoring server for mid late game, you want two big ices up in that remote. Heimdall 2.0 is not going to fall easily unless they use Deus Ex.

Draws or Recycles
The strategy demands some card interactions and to ensure you get that regurlarly you need to draw, a lot.
That's why I get 3 Jackson and an Anonymous Tip. Jackson allows you to use the ABT agenda scoring ability confidently and can also get money, upgrades or ices up in R&D if needed. Note that Howler is considered an EtR ICE that brings back a big ice that would have been trashed previously.

Money
Like any corporation deck, you need money to interact effectively with the runner. On this point, the deck does poorly. You get that extra 1 credit thanks to the ID. The only thing worh saying is that they are less likely to trash your Adonis since they need their credits to break your ices. The MMC is a backup plan in case you are broke. You prefer to use your clicks for installs/rez.
I'm still wondering if I should cut 1 or 2 cards like an upgrade and an ICE for more money, like Green level Clearance.

Upgrades
These are your weapons against heavy armed runner. Once they feel confident in running, that should stop them on their track damaging their economy or their rig. They also let you score 4/2 or 5/3 agenda with less risks.

Low cost Agendas
I prefer lots of 3/2 agendas that allows fast scoring. The 3 False leads are here to help you get 7 points, or feed the Archer or allow Ichi/Heimdall to land. The Efficiency commitee is a nice addition to your installation process since you need clicks to rez from time to time.

Don't hesitate to give advice about the list, as I'm pretty sure it can be upgraded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
Ok I was able to play it and it didn't work as expected yet I managed to win due to the fact my opponent had much difficulties running my servers after a succesful ABT.
So for this kind of deck, ABT can clearly be a win condition, therefore adding one and cutting one Efficiency Committee.

For ices, I still hesitate between archer and tollbooth. I will keep 2 Archer for now and maybe later try a version 1 tollbooth / 1 archer.
Also, I'm wondering if I should put 2 Grims instead of 1 as this card is really good in this deck. Bad Pubs means nothing if they can't run, at all.

I cut the last influence point of Anonymous Tip for GLC and cut one Wall of Static for an Ice wall.

OM : HB EtP (49 cards)

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Agenda (11)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
1 Efficiency Committee
3 False Lead
1 Priority Requisition
3 Project Vitruvius

Asset (6)
2 Adonis Campaign
3 Jackson Howard •••
1 Melange Mining Corp

Upgrade (4)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
2 Corporate Troubleshooter

Operation (9)
2 Bioroid Efficiency Research
1 Green Level Clearance
3 Hedge Fund
3 Oversight AI ••••• •

Barrier (8)
1 Bastion
3 Heimdall 2.0
2 Ice Wall ••
2 Wall of Static

Code Gate (4)
2 Enigma
2 Viper

Sentry (6)
2 Archer ••••
1 Grim
2 Ichi 2.0
1 Rototurret

ICE (1)
1 Howler

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

Stay in touch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.