Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Noob Questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got myself into a bit of confusion over encounters and what other players can do to help you when it's your turn and you're facing a bane.

1. Players can play cards to affect my check. Do they have to be at my location or can they play them from other locations?

2. If you are at a location with another player, can you combine both your melee rolls into one big total, or do you have to attack singly and in sequence?

3. Apologies if these have been answered before, and thanks in anticipation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Depends on the card. Some say your check, some say a check at your location and other say a check.

2. No. Some characters have special powers which can help other characters out in combat. Harsk can shoot from another location and Valeros can help at the same location (both adding 1d4 to the check).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a card says it can affect "a check" then it can help from anywhere.

If a card says it can affect a check "at your location" then it has to be played by a character at that location.

If a cards says it can affect "your check" then only the character who's turn it is can play it/use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Kearneysville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chou4555 wrote:
I've got myself into a bit of confusion over encounters and what other players can do to help you when it's your turn and you're facing a bane.

2. If you are at a location with another player, can you combine both your melee rolls into one big total, or do you have to attack singly and in sequence?

Unless the bane has more than one check required (i.e., Combat 8 THEN Combat 11), only the active player is playing the primary cards (i.e., using cards that say "your check"). If there is two checks required then the active player can do one and the other player at the same location may attempt the other (note: if one character fails his/her check, the other player does not get to re-attempt it)

Others may play cards/powers to assist -

only cards/powers that say "at your location" if they are present at the same location

only one card of each type

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks. All quite simple really! Lol!modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Rocher
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Current Holder of FITZ the Cursing Dice!
mbmbmbmb
i'll add on -----> only 1 card of the same type by the same player

so 2 different players could play a blessing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.