mbmbmbmbmb
Does this actually work?

The wording under Bonus begins with
"After a fight roll, "...

Under 7.2 Holy Relics
"Add 1 to your highest (die) in fights"

Nothing else(that I can think of) includes the stipulation,
"after the...roll"

While at first glance it would appear that each subsequent die added through forbidden arts, just becomes part of the fight roll, it need not be read that way. In which case the holy relic +1 would not apply here and so it would be no use against the necromancer.

While I (and indeed others) have proposed other solutions, it is no less thematic to suggest that the Necromancer himself is invulnerable to such arts, and I now wonder if that might be the intent.

{why is it not; "add any number of (dice) to your fight roll one at a time..."
which would follow the same form as all other adders?}.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Solution for Forbideen Arts v's Necromancer?
Hi from Germany,

here is my suggestion to avoid the "Forbidden Arts" super weapon like effect vs. the Necromancer.

The first extra die roll is "for free".
Starting with the second extra die roll, add up the results of those extra die rolls. The moment this total is higher than the current G score of the Acolyte, he must stop applying this Power on this occasion.

Example:
(1) The Acolyte with 5G attacks a vampire. He rolls a 5. Miss! He decides to apply Forbidden Arts and rolls another 5. Miss! He decides to roll again. This time a 3. The Acolyte rolls again. A 1. The Darkness spreads. He rolls again. A 2. Another miss. Now the total of extra die rolls (ignoring the very first one) is 6. This exceeds his 5G and Forbidden Arts can no longer applied for this combat. The Acolyte is defeated.

(2) The Acolyte (2G) carrying a Holy Relic is attacked by the Necromancer currently no longer protected by any blights. The Acolyte rolls a 4. Miss. He applies Forbidden Arts and rolls a 5. Miss. One more die roll. This time a 3. This combat is over and the Acolyte faces the consequences of defeat.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.