Subject: Session report from somebody playtesting the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Petr Mojzis
Czech Republic
Praha 4
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It could help to overcome Golan's stagnation on P-500. FAB players know this systems deserves more games to be published.

Anybody?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, we had a major run of playtesting last winter, from which the designers gained insights into some important tweaks, and then the dreaded LIFE hit the enterprise in a big way.

We literally just started working on the next major test version this weekend. It may be a little while before we get the full engine cranked again, but we are now active once more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And to make good on my posting above, I can report that the map, labels, and setup cards have all been updated and the many changes have been incorporated into the rules.

Some of the repeated gains to be had with each FAB design is how necessary and true it is that less is more. Michael and Rick drove hard to polish, scrub, remove a number of extra things, and I now see a more streamlined game that likely hews more closely to the arc of the conflict.

Next steps after major review will be to update all the payer aid cards and then work with our vassal developer. As before, I do not want to call for current and new testers until we have a vassal kit that can go directly into your hands. Thanks to Michael's graphical skills we have a visual package that will already look quite close to production.

As in the past, we provide a historical campaign that is standard. But they have borrowed sonething from Sicily, and of course, this follows the classic lineage of great blocks games, and with slight adjustments provided an alternative scenario, which loosens the deployments, sets up more units behind the lines and gives the Syrian player the opportunity to execute Operation X, ie, the alternative Operation Badr.

The air war, SAM, rockets, ELectronic Warfare bits are now much cleaner.

I am personally quite excited with where we are at now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great! I can't wait to hear more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.