Subject: Which Identities do you fear the most/the least rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario: You are at a tournament played tomorrow. You are there to win, not to test that wacky HB Stronger Together Brain Damage build you've been fooling around with (after all, that is what OCTGN is for). No you WANT that alt art Kate ID, why else would you have travelled 150 miles to make it there? You have brought the decks that you would currently choose for tournament play.

Your first opponent is up. You see the ID. Nothing else. You don't know for sure if that Kate ID hides a gruesome Atman/Datasucker build or a silly Monolith build, but I suppose you would be wise to assume the former. Now, which ID's do you fear the most? Which don't you fear at all. Try to rank them according to the level of your fear.

Now to make things clear, by "fear" I obviously mean fear of losing.

After that, explain your no doubt deeply flawed choices in the thread for public ridicule!

Poll
Which Runner ID's do you fear the most?
  Fear the most 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th Fear the least
Gabriel Santiago
Andromeda
Noise
Whizzard
Kate "Mac" MacCaffrey
Chaos Theory
Rielle "Kit" Peddler
The Exile
The Professor
      173 answers
Poll created by BlueSwan

Poll
Which Corp ID's do you fear the most
  Fear the most 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th Don't make me laugh
Jinteki Personal Evolution
Jinteki Replicating Perfection
Weyland Building A Better World
Weyland Because We Built It
NBN Making News
NBN The World Is Yours
HB Engineering The Future
HB Stronger Together
HB Next Design
HB Cerebral Imaging
HB Custom Biotics
      138 answers
Poll created by BlueSwan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Twentier
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
As far as runner identities, I fear running up against anything meta that isn't exactly meta. Anybody who is confident enough to put their own spin on a deck that is already out there is a threat in my eyes.

As far as corp identities, established archetypes are what I fear there as well. Weyland Tag & Bag, HB Fast advance, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see that the only thing a majority are in agreement on are which identities are worst...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fear Stronger Together. Not the most, but it's going to suck. It's not a competetive identity because it dies to certain decks, but I don't run those decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Osborn
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The runner choices were surprisingly easy for me to pick. The corp however, was harder. 1-3 were basically no brainers, but after that it was all about the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As the Corp, I fear Whizzard decks more than anything. I run Asset-heavy economies that Whizzard just chews up and spits out. He's better than Andromeda or Gabe at keeping me poor, which is... impressive, given their in-faction access to Account Syphon, Emergency Shutdown, and Forged Activation Orders.

I also fear Atman decks, because once they're set up (and they can get set up pretty quickly), there's really nothing I can do. My goal against Atman is to just score as much as possible before they're up and running, then throw damage at them to try to slow them down. That's why I run Personal Evolution with 13 small agendas, triple Snare!, and triple Jackson Howard. It's never actually been enough to mill them out and stop them from running, nor has it ever flatlined a decent player, but it has slowed them down enough that I've been able to sneak through the last few points that I needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Berton
Canada
flag msg tools
Surprised more people aren't afraid of Kit. She can wreck decks that aren't prepared for her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Norman
msg tools
As a Cerebral Imaging player this makes me happy. I love the confused scoff at the beginning that turns into lamentation by the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I'm surprised whizzard did so poorly.

Maybe it's just cause I have bad experiences with him, but I put whizzard 2nd. That free money to trash sansan is huge. Plus, he typically digs R&D with reliable breakers, nbn's bane.

Also, I was really tempted to vote Chaos Theory the least intimidating.

I seriously play against a LOT of CT online, and crush most of them handily. Not sure why, maybe it's because she doesn't have an ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Houston
msg tools
kurthl33t wrote:
As the Corp, I fear Whizzard decks more than anything. I run Asset-heavy economies that Whizzard just chews up and spits out.

My NBN:TWIY Midseason/Psycho deck and I agree 100%. Basically an auto-lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjnorman90 wrote:
As a Cerebral Imaging player this makes me happy. I love the confused scoff at the beginning that turns into lamentation by the end.

Decklist, pls. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fear Stronger Together the least, because I know that all his ice will be expensive stuff I can click through. Andromeda wrecks that deck.

I fear Chaos Theory the least, because most Chaos Theory decks are a pile of crap. Their goal is usually to pay money to use breakers to get through my centrals and look at one card. They try to play this mid-level aggression that not as scary as Criminal and doesnt build up to a dominant position like the control decks.

Whereas with Exile or the Professor, it might be bad, but who knows what craziness they are going to bring out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Teiler
Germany
flag msg tools
I don't care about Whizzard at all because he is pretty much blank against my two most played corp decks. My NBN has only SanSan to trash and my Weyland exactly nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Alexfrog wrote:
I fear Stronger Together the least, because I know that all his ice will be expensive stuff I can click through. Andromeda wrecks that deck.

I fear Chaos Theory the least, because most Chaos Theory decks are a pile of crap. Their goal is usually to pay money to use breakers to get through my centrals and look at one card. They try to play this mid-level aggression that not as scary as Criminal and doesnt build up to a dominant position like the control decks.

Whereas with Exile or the Professor, it might be bad, but who knows what craziness they are going to bring out?

bolded for truth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Norman
msg tools
brendan2026 wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:
As the Corp, I fear Whizzard decks more than anything. I run Asset-heavy economies that Whizzard just chews up and spits out.

My NBN:TWIY Midseason/Psycho deck and I agree 100%. Basically an auto-lose.

Agreed. Someone I play with a lot loves Whizzard so I switched by NBN deck to a deck that relies on operation and ICE economy. Honestly I think it works better. PAD/MA are one time tax to trash. Pop Up/Shadow/Caduceus hurt every time for a cheap up front cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
mjnorman90 wrote:

Decklist, pls. gulp

Cerebral Imaging and BWBI both went undefeated in Manchester tonight. Expect Decklists after the tournament Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
astroglide wrote:
mjnorman90 wrote:

Decklist, pls. gulp

Cerebral Imaging and BWBI both went undefeated in Manchester tonight. Expect Decklists after the tournament Sunday.

Because We Built It? Really? I've seen CI lists that seemed competitive, but BWBI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you take a Weyland deck with 6+ advanceable ice (not hard to do), replace some 3 cards with 3 Commercialization and change ID to BWBI, I think the deck can remain competitive. You gain a bit of extra influence (as you probably replace GLC or Successful Demonstration) to put in a few more good OOF cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As corp I easily fear the Criminal ID's the most. I hate getting Account Siphoned and the decks I build are usually poorly equipped to deal with stuff like that. There's no much talk of Atman/Datasucker being OP, but I still think that Aggro Criminal focusing of Account Siphons is stronger and more annoying to play against.

Depending on deck, I also usually fear Whizzard. I don't fear the Shapers that much, since I've played a lot of Shaper myself and feel like I know how they play. Probably I need to play more Criminal myself to better counter them.

As runner, I probably fear Weyland the most. I don't like wasting too much deck space on Plascretes (I usually have two, sometimes less, in my runner decks) so that makes me a bit vulnerable to death by Scorched Earth. Jinteki also strikes a bit of fear in my heart, but I feel like I should win there if I play correctly. I don't fear NBN and HB much, probably because I feel I know them pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Because We Built It? Really? I've seen CI lists that seemed competitive, but BWBI?

Oh man, if I had seen this comment, I'd've totally posted my decklist sooner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:

You still can! I'm legitimately curious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
kurthl33t wrote:
etherial wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:

You still can! I'm legitimately curious!

I'm pretty certain he's talking about this one :P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.