Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: Am I right to assume that German units with yellow boxes around their attack/defense/movement factors (i.e. intrinsically exploitation-capable units) STILL need to have a reserve marker placed on them in order to participate in the Axis Reaction Phase? Or, do such units intrinsically have the capability to participate in the Axis Reaction Phase without need of a reserve marker due to their permanent status as exploitation capable units?

I ask since the other function of reserve markers is to allow a unit, not otherwise capable of exploitation (i.e. no yellow box) to participate in exploitation. Since yellow-box units don't need reserve markers to participate in exploitation, it wasn't clear if they needed the markers to participate in the reaction phase as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on this:
"1.4 Units
1.4a Exploit Capable Units. Only those units marked with the Yellow Exploitation Box notation are automatically Exploit Capable. Any unit can become Exploit Capable by use of Reserves."

I would say that Germans don't need reserve marker, but everyone else does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Some old Q&A from CSW:

First, can exploit-capable German units access the reaction phase of the Soviet Player turn on their own merits or do they have to be marked with a reserve marker to do so?

They need to be in reserve...they only get a free ride in exploit.

Second, can exploit-capable artillery do barrage attack in the Exploitation Barrage segment if in an enemy ZOC?

Nope. Dean

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee6b46d/1178
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.