Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Vick
United States
Washington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
In looking at the preview of Shazam! for Heroes United, a question came up:
Do you get to look at the card you gain and add to the top of your deck via his ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coyote81 aka Token
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Similar thing came up with one of the LOTR cards that lets you gain a card and adds it directly to your deck. I think we ruled that you don't get to see it. Nothing in the rules says you get to look a card you gain, you just happen to know what it is because it goes into your discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that you get to see it. I sure wouldn't want to decide if I want to put it on the top of my deck blind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Actually, you do get to look at it. During our hundreds of playtest games no one ever asked if they could look. They just look. So I guess I never thought about putting it in the rulebook. I will for Return of the King, though.

BTW, it is very important that you do look at the cards you gain. If you gain a FORTUNE (in Middle-earth games), you have to resolve it immediately. It can't go into your deck.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coyote81 aka Token
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! never thought about the possibility of a fortune card going in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vick
United States
Washington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Matt Hyra wrote:
Actually, you do get to look at it. During our hundreds of playtest games no one ever asked if they could look. They just look. So I guess I never thought about putting it in the rulebook. I will for Return of the King, though.

BTW, it is very important that you do look at the cards you gain. If you gain a FORTUNE (in Middle-earth games), you have to resolve it immediately. It can't go into your deck.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

You guys clearly don't play with a bunch of rules lawyers
Thanks for the ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Dinneen
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question using Shazam! Can his ability be used more then once a turn, or is it only 1 time a turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumbdiety wrote:
Another question using Shazam! Can his ability be used more then once a turn, or is it only 1 time a turn?

All powers that are only once per turn will say so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.