Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marshal Enterprises reports that the first games are going out via UPS today. I received an e-mail with tracking information last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me toocool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonzalo fernandez
Spain
Alcazar san Juan
flag msg tools
mb
Waiting for mine!!!
Anyone received????
Some photos please!!!!:):):)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is supposed to arrive today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've posted photos to the game page, so those should appear soon.

The game comes tightly packed in an individually numbered white box. I had to shove the materials around a bit to close it back up. The counters and maps follow the original Marshal Enterprises' style - they're in uniform colors, maybe a little less flashy than those put out by Clash of Arms. The counters are glossy and on thick cardboard. Mine appear to be properly cut and printed, with a fair number of blank counters on each sheet.

The maps are also in the original Marshal style, but with more color than the older versions. They are on paper that feels durable. The organizational displays are in color as well.

All the rules, background, and scenario material in on a CD. I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm sure it's extensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonzalo fernandez
Spain
Alcazar san Juan
flag msg tools
mb
Ummmm, It seems not exactly CoA standard but should be fine!!!
Waiting....cry
And Thanks a lot for speedy information and Photos!!!!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Paul,

How many one map scenarios are available? Not much information about the 23 scenarios it says to contain.

Thanks!
Lawrence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, Lawrence, it took some scrolling through the files, but here are the scenarions and the related maps. Note that the game covers just the actions of October 16, 1813. Scenarios with an A and B represent an initial battle (part A) up unitl noon, and the second part (B) starting at 12:20. Scenarios with two-digit numbers represent different choices (that is, plans and/or forces) for the action portayed.

Scenario 1 (The Entire Southern Battle): Uses maps 4, 5, 6, and 7

Scenario 2 (Murat Reaches for the Tsar): Uses potions of maps 5 and 6

Scenarios 3A, 3B (Markkleeberg: The Desperate Crossing): Uses portions of maps 4, 6, and 7

Scenarios 4A, 4B (The Wachau Cauldron): Uses portions of maps 4, 5, 6, and 7

Scenarios 5A, 5B (Liebertwolkwitz): Uses portions of map 6

Scenarios 61, 62, 63 (Dolitz): Uses map 4

Scenarios 71, 72, 73, 74 (Lindenau): Uses map 3

Scenarios 81, 82, 83 (Wiederitzsch): Uses maps 1 and 2

Scenarios 91, 92, 93 (Mockern): Uses maps 1 and 2

Scenario 100 (the whole day of fighting): A victory matrix links results from scenarios 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B, 5A, 5B, 61, 71, 81, and 91

Scenario 101 (the whole day again, recommended to be played simultaneously as different battles on different tables): Links scenarios 1, 6, 7 ,83
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So 7 out of 23 scenarios can be played on a single map.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
preston smith
United States
Russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So is there a printed rule book or is the rules only on the CD?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
razorbacjac wrote:
So is there a printed rule book or is the rules only on the CD?

Nope, you must print.
For me the cost to print in it's color format $123.+, yes Onehundred twentythree plus dollars.
Once I go through all the materials I will be writing a strong letter of disappointment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Would you have written a letter of disappointment if the rulebook had been black and white? If not, why are you complaining about the price of printing every page in colour when mostly the colour is only in the side illustrations? There are only a few pages on the unit explanation sheet and in the scenarios where the colour makes a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Lawrence Hung wrote:
So 7 out of 23 scenarios can be played on a single map.....

Actually, when I count them, they add up to 9:
Quote:
Scenarios 5A, 5B (Liebertwolkwitz): Uses portions of map 6

Scenarios 61, 62, 63 (Dolitz): Uses map 4

Scenarios 71, 72, 73, 74 (Lindenau): Uses map 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are required to print a rulebook? OMG! The state of the hobby comes to this.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M St wrote:
Would you have written a letter of disappointment if the rulebook had been black and white? If not, why are you complaining about the price of printing every page in colour when mostly the colour is only in the side illustrations? There are only a few pages on the unit explanation sheet and in the scenarios where the colour makes a difference.

It's not just the rule booket, for the price paid. There is the maps that don't line up and the thin bakery box it came in.
I have not gotten into the game yet.

PS single side B & W = $22.+
double side B & W = $45.+
Why have color art work if the intent for the owner is to show off thier new limited edition game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ad for the game on the ME website said that the rules came on a CD, and the list of components for the game did not mention a rulebook or playbook. Most people understood this when they ordered the game, but it's true that the lack of a printed book was not explicitly stated. I've seen a few posts here and there where a purchaser was surprised by this, so it really comes down to clearer communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.