Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this from a german shop - in fact the german distributor's shop (and did not see this information in the forums so far)

more ships of the next wave of expansions will include the following

Equinox Expansion Pack
Koranak Expansion Pack
R.I.S. Vo Expansion Pack
I.K.S. Somraw Expansion Pack
I.K.S. Koraga Expansion Pack
4th Division Battleship Expansion Pack
U.S.S. Excelsior Expansion Pack
I.R.W. Gal Gath'thong Expansion Pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Already known info. But thanks for the attempt to share!

Here are the solicit sheets for pics of the ships as well.....

Wave 2: http://deviramericas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/STAW-Wav...

Wave 3: http://deviramericas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/STAW-Wav...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok then.

I did not find it so far - but no problem. I already felt very surprised me being the one to see stuff like this as the first...

... but then, why are these not here on BGG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Long
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Romulans seem to have a bad run for these 2 waves... Here's hoping for some surprises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
murks666 wrote:
... but then, why are these not here on BGG?

You mean the individual pages or thread about them?

There are threads (but they've been pushed down quite a bit)....like this one http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1039576/3rd-wave-of-expansio...

Old Longy wrote:
Romulans seem to have a bad run for these 2 waves... Here's hoping for some surprises.

Maybe that's just what they want you to believe! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
the individual pages, I meant.

The keyword search did not yield anything (however I did not use the individual ship names)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
You know what would be really cool is if they release the actual Reman Warbird Scimitar miniature =D. That would be sweet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Becker
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
badge
Banana!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, when I get my hands on the Gal Gath'thong, it's getting the TOS re-paint treatment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the Koraga is a K'Vort class BoP according to the Star Trek wiki so we'll get to see how those stats differ from the B'rel class BoP.

Bit disappointed that the wings are up in the raised position for the K'Vort but I guess that can be modded. I might practice on my Tactics versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Longy wrote:

I suspect the reason for this is that the romulans already have two powerhouse ships (D'deridex and Valdore), so they're trying to diversify the faction with smaller, lighter craft. It also helps differentiate the design space between romulans and Klingons, which were very similar until now. If the Romulan niche becomes "small, cloaked support ships" that makes them distinct from the Klingon "big, cloaked nuke ships."

I agree that it doesn't seem very "Romulan," though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Old Longy wrote:

I suspect the reason for this is that the romulans already have two powerhouse ships (D'deridex and Valdore), so they're trying to diversify the faction with smaller, lighter craft. It also helps differentiate the design space between romulans and Klingons, which were very similar until now. If the Romulan niche becomes "small, cloaked support ships" that makes them distinct from the Klingon "big, cloaked nuke ships."

I agree that it doesn't seem very "Romulan," though.

I would not consider the D'deridex a powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination. The generic version is fairly weak with its firepower of 3. I've only ever seen the generic version played once, and after that game it was retired. That is why I can't wait to see what special ability is on the Aj'rmr from month 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
Any one have any news on wave 4 yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
agntorenge wrote:

We believe Voyager will be in Wave 4. I myself have not encountered anything beyond that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
msg tools
mb
The Excelsior and the Equinox are both interesting choices for the Federation ships, actually. The one really interesting thing each ship has is actually movement. The Excelsior because of its Transwarp Drive, and the Equinox because of whatever aliens it was using as an power source.

My guess is that one ship will actually get to use the 6-Forward maneuver. Looking forward to seeing what they do with these ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtrooper721 wrote:
Well, the Koraga is a K'Vort class BoP according to the Star Trek wiki so we'll get to see how those stats differ from the B'rel class BoP.

Bit disappointed that the wings are up in the raised position for the K'Vort but I guess that can be modded. I might practice on my Tactics versions.

Based on Andrew's comments on how hull rating is based on ship size, I would think that the K'Vort will have a larger hull than the B'Rel in the month 2 OP kit. I imagine the ship as having stats between the K'Tinga and the Vor'Cha, probably 5/1/4/3 or 4/1/5/3. The 5 attack version makes sense as it was smaller than the Vor'Cha but had somewhat similar firepower in the show. With these numbers, you 'could' run 4, but 3 seems like the sweet spot to get the Klingon firepower, but with more better upgrades/captains at the cost of survivability.

forkbeard wrote:
The Excelsior and the Equinox are both interesting choices for the Federation ships, actually. The one really interesting thing each ship has is actually movement. The Excelsior because of its Transwarp Drive, and the Equinox because of whatever aliens it was using as an power source.

My guess is that one ship will actually get to use the 6-Forward maneuver. Looking forward to seeing what they do with these ships.

Andrew has said the 6 forward will be an upgrade with the Excelsior and will come on Voyager's dial. I'm also curious when the 4 bank maneuver will come into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
capnginger wrote:
agntorenge wrote:

We believe Voyager will be in Wave 4. I myself have not encountered anything beyond that.

That would work. The Federation needs another named ship with a firepower of 4. Firepower 5 would be better, but we'll probably have to wait for Enterprise E for that, if we ever get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
msg tools
mb
Tacullu64 wrote:
capnginger wrote:

That would work. The Federation needs another named ship with a firepower of 4. Firepower 5 would be better, but we'll probably have to wait for Enterprise E for that, if we ever get one.

I really hope Voyager doesn't have Firepower 4 - it's supposed to be a science ship. Maybe it's special ability will be "+1 attack when this ship has a scan token", or something. The Defiant probably would have been the best case for another 4-attack ship, but we know that's not happening.

The Equinox would be even less suited to 4-attack, though the Excelsior might - the TOS enterprise has 3 attack, after all. I could see the Excelsior as having 4, even if it doesn't seem right that it could attack on par with the Galaxy class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Voyager was a scout/patrol/'pathfinder' ship.

When launched it was one of the most technologically advanced ships in the fleet. It sported one of the most advanced and fastest warp drive systems not to mention the ships computing power. Along its trip through the delta quadrant it was modified many times with various "higher" technologies (such as Borg tech) further increasing its capabilities.

An attack of 4 is well within the ships combat potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The nebula class ship that is the OP4 reward will most certainly have an attack of 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreeing with, Echo2Omega.

Voyager started off as a very advanced Science vessel......it certainly came back with far more to offer from a combat perspective.

Maybe it will have upgrades and upgrade slots to represent that more accurately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
msg tools
mb
That's a good idea, TraitorArmor - maybe the Voyager will come with a couple of upgrade cards like "Borg Tech - Weapons" or "Borg Tech - Shields" that will increase stats. Or maybe we'll just get a case where the Voyager has a 4-attack, but the Intrepid class ship only has 3. That would also be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
For the OP (and anyone else who doesn't want to scroll through all the linked items at the bottom of the main page), I added the expac links to the "More Information" box (under the FAQ link).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Dogg Rulzz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I can't wait for the Excelsior class so I can run the "Crazy Horse" - best Star Trek named Federation ship IMHO.

And a Voyager with the ablative armor add on from late in the series would be so cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Whaley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I should rename my Excelsior "USS Stan Lee"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chance Gardener wrote:
Maybe I should rename my Excelsior "USS Stan Lee"

And its "sister" ship, the USS King Kirby.

The Nebula class should have a natural 4, while the Intrepids should not, but some fancy upgrades would be acceptable. Of course, the Excelsior class could come with some kind of weapons upgrade, representing the upgrades given to the Excelsior class ship USS Lakota in the DS9 episode Paradise Lost. And, this isn't just me being a DS9er, but I could have seen the Defiant getting some kind of upgrade to 4 attack dice. Actually, it would have been nice for the special to somehow simulate that (keep 3 dice, but free action to flip a blank to a hit), and save the "Ablative Armor" for an upgrade. As, it wasn't supposed to be standard issue.

As for the Romulans, I expect we will eventually see the Scimitar, but I don't really care if we do. Getting the TOS Warbird (yes, I know it's officially a BoP, but it just seems wrong to call it that) is a very nice surprise for me, as I thought it wouldn't happen after seeing the STE Warbird listed for the next wave. The only other Romulan ship I'm still holding out hope for myself, would be a nice little TOS Battlecruiser, with an unnamed female captain who likes Vulcans. This is the incentive I needed to finally start collecting an entire TOS fleet, replete with multiple Constitution class ships (maybe buff it up to four), Klingon D7s (still hoping they give TOS Kang a ship, to make up for screwing over Kor), and this nice little Romulan Warbird (I just can't call it a BoP, so don't ask).

As for the Klingon Empire, I do hope they make both the K'vort and B'rel classes of BoP. But, seeing as the OP2 BoP is being listed as a B'rel with a 4 attack, I'm not holding my breathe. The B'rel is supposed to be a smaller 23rd century scout ship, like the ones seen in ST3-6, and I really don't see that little thing punching at a 4 while the Enterprise and Reliant are only hitting at 3 & 2 respectively. I'm expecting this is just more of that WK obsession with combining the K'vort and B'rel into a single class of ship. Which is too bad, because I would have loved to have seen General Chang's B'rel from ST6, with the special ability to not de-cloak when firing, and Lord Kruge and Kang (from DS9) as two more Klingon captains. Other than an actual K'vort and B'rel, there are no other Klingon ship classes I really care to see, besides possibly a D5 with cloak for Kor.

I'm just pleased as punch with getting a Dominion battleship. I wonder if there is any chance we will see the Son'a as either Independents or Dominion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.