Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimiliano Amato
Italy
Rozzano
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

I wanted to know from someone who actually played the game, is the 40 minutes per players accurate?

I am asking because usually I don't like very long game but this sound very interesting to me and if the time is correct it makes less than 3 hours in 4, so I could buy this.

Thanks
Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, it depends on the players. There are a lot of choices so player who likes to think long about his next move will extended the the game.

We played 5 persons, first time with a prototype. We chose the Galaxy medium-sized (14 systems) with the exception that we took versions of track extending game time (Antyimater track is double-sided victory lane has shorter versions of the game and longer version. In long version which we played player win at 12 antimatter at shorter already at 8).

We played about 210 minutes, or 42 minutes per player and ran one round to win (we had to finish ahead of time).

I believe that if we chose the shorter version of the track would end up winning the game with half an hour earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Max,

I'd like to chip in on this - though it would probably go as being very biased

I've of course had game go for longer than 40 per player - but that's only when I've done it with new players..
And even with some new players (if they are experienced or easy to teach) we can hit the 40 minute mark.

My experience after the latest Prototype upgrade (1½ month ago) playing time has been very spot on or a bit shorter - in games I've been involved in.

Thanks a lot for asking
Best regards Emil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Amato
Italy
Rozzano
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you very much for your answer, 40 minutes per player is a length i can live with

Leonardo, be patient one more year and we will play at this beauty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
draghetto wrote:
Leonardo, be patient one more year and we will play at this beauty

Why waiting? You can do as I make protoype youself from print and play files

This game is worth this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.