Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
warren maruschak
Canada
winnipeg
manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who wins in the rare event that, say on the USSR turn they get to -20 VP and also have the Defcon track marker moved to the 1 space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Which happens first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mindphaser1 wrote:
Who wins in the rare event that, say on the USSR turn they get to -20 VP and also have the Defcon track marker moved to the 1 space?

Need to provide more details!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
warren maruschak
Canada
winnipeg
manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
USSR headlines Yuri and Samantha and then later in the same turn USSR plays CIA created where the US player makes coup at a battleground giving USSR 1VP and also degrading Defcon 1 level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mindphaser1 wrote:
USSR headlines Yuri and Samantha and then later in the same turn USSR plays CIA created where the US player makes scoop at a battleground giving USSR 1VP and also degrading Defcon 1 level.

Ah. I see.

Hmmmm.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bunyan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a comment on Twilight Strategy:
Quote:
I think the official decision was that US wins on DEFCON before USSR wins on autovictory?

I presume there's a better link with an answer, although that order makes sense to me: the coup occurs and the world ends before the USSR gets its point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilgrim152 wrote:
According to a comment on Twilight Strategy:
Quote:
I think the official decision was that US wins on DEFCON before USSR wins on autovictory?

I presume there's a better link with an answer, although that order makes sense to me: the coup occurs and the world ends before the USSR gets its point.

The fact that the sentence ends in a question mark suggests that there may not be an answer.

I would love to see a link to an actual ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Going way back here, but the designer pointed out in this thread (Game end but who wins?) that the USSR player won when the USA headline of Missile Envy, triggered nuclear war.

Note that the event which the USA was given was Soviets shoot down KAL-007 when they were at 18 VPs. Even though they hit 20 VPs, the Defcon hit 1 first and the world was blew up (due to the USA).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
warren maruschak
Canada
winnipeg
manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Timing is the key here. On Soviets Shoot Down KAL-007 in the order on the card it states Degrade defcon 1 level and then US gains 2VP. From my example the two effects are triggered from two different cards, Yuri and Samantha and CIA Created. Do both happen simultaneously or does the phasing player get to choose which effect happens first. If both effects came from the same card then I would go in order of text on the card as in situation with Soviets Shoot Down KAL-007.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogetoorn
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmb
I remember a post of the designers (which I can't find that quickly now, but I'll look further) where they pointed out that in case of doubt a DEFCON loss takes preference over a VP win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogetoorn
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmb
Found it, based on the questions in the thread below I sent a message to Ananda Gupta and posted his answer.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/898136/meticulous-card-rule-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.