2 Same Old Thing
2 Underworld Contact

Icebreaker (6)
2 Corroder
2 Femme Fatale
2 Peacock

Program (2)
2 Snitch

Andromeda, in this iteration, is flexible enough to get through most anything the corp throws at her. I have playtested this deck pretty extensively, and I can tell you that, when properly piloted, it can work against anything.

I typically apply pressure early, trying to force a mistake, and then ease up a bit with the runs until I get my rig to where I need it to be. During the lull, I apply constant pressure with Forged Activation Orders and Snitch, trying to get the corp to be reactive rather than proactive. By turn three, if I can get a Dyson Mem Chip and at least one Underworld Contacts on the table along with either Kati Jones or Professional contacts, I'm gravy. Networking helps me keep them on the table for the rest of the game.

Light Icebreaker suite...the star of the show is the Femme Fatale + Scavenge trick: of moving Femme's target when that becomes germane. With same old thing, I can potentially do this up to four times.

Satellite uplink is a great thing to have in your repertoire when playing a tricky corp. There's nothing like exposing somebody's Aggressive Secretary, then making a Bank Job run on that server next click...

My only three OCTGN games ever were with this deck against three tower of power style HB decks. I had Yog.0 as my gate crasher, and running into Viktor and Viper with nothing but Ice Carver to augment Yog's strength slowed this deck down significantly. I switched Yog out with Peacock to stay in faction and have something buffable. Peacock is a little more expensive to use, but this deck typically does not have money problems.

Ice Carver saves you more money as the game goes on, which this deck is prepared to do, therefore I consider it to be both an offensive card and an economy card. However, if Peacock proves to be too much of a burden, I may take Ice Carver out and replace Peacock with Gordian Blade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
No Account Siphon O.O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, Criminals CAN play without Account Siphon you know.

Otherwise, this deck seems like it would lack consistency to me. You're running a lot of 2-ofs without any extra draw and minimal tutoring. You talk about getting Kati and Professional Contacts by turn 3, which seems like something you're just going to have to luck into a lot of the time. Yes, you start with 9 cards, but I've played Andromeda decks in the past and you can't bank on your opening hand alone. Similar thoughts on Dyson and Underworld Contacts - you're just missing consistency here in hoping you get 2 of 4 cards early enough to matter.
This deck could HAPPILY make use of Hostage, and I'd think you could make some space for it since you're running Networking and Crash Space (I prefer the latter, but whatever works for you).

Of course all that said, if it's working for you, great. Nothing says you play the same kind of deck I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. A.N.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Not always worth it. The corp can just spend all their money rezzing stuff before you get to their HQ, and you still get a tag. True, it slows the corp down, and levels the playing field a bit in terms of information availability. Unless you can pull a couple off very early game I have found that the click can be spent elsewhere to greater effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear on Account Siphon, you make the choice when you succeed on your run. You aren't forced to steal 0 credits and take 2 tags - you're allowed to choose to access normally if you want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. A.N.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@ArcticLancer: I've never had any trouble with having a workable hand. The whole idea is flexibility. There is no key card whose absence breaks the deck. There are cards that make it easier or quicker, and I usually have them when I need them. When I don't, though, there are enough other tricks that I am able to adjust and overcome.

I really like your idea about Hostage. I just got Opening Moves yesterday, so I might stick him in there and see how it works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.