Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MÃ¥rten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another fail try at a squad?

Firesprays are, well, awesome.
Lambdas are also quite awesome, but for different reasons .

Anyways, was fooling around in the squad builder ([geekurl=http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/]Squad Builder[/geekurl]).

I love the idea of two Bounty Hunters roaming around destroying stuff.
The Lambda, not the best ship, but it is cool.

What about:

Omicron Group Pilot
Weapons Engineer
Heavy Laser Cannon
ST-321

2 x Bounty Hunter

What are my thoughts?

With the Engineer and ST-321 the lambda can take early TL, focus the 2 rounds it gets too shot (hopefully 2) and then will turning around getting another set of locks.

The idea is this, who does the opponent focus on? Is the Lambda the obvious target? Or one of the Bounty Hunters?
Well, if you go for the slow lambda you sure take out the biggest gun, but then you have two Bounty Hunters running around which are more maneuverable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd still always go for the biggest gun first, which is also the highest point total. Take him out and if your game times out the bounty hunters don't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
No room for Colonel Jendon? That would make it quite a bit better IMO. Hand out some of those target locks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shuttles are so sluggish... I don't know if I'd put an HLC on a shuttle while leaving my much more maneuverable Firesprays empty-handed. I like Shuttles for support roles (e.g. Jendon or Yorr or even Kagi), but it's so easy for just about any ship to get behind one (at which point Anti-pursuit Lasers are OK). Don't expect to get more than 1 HLC shot off with a shuttle.

So in conclusion, I'd either upgrade the Shuttle to Jendon and drop the HLC (Jendon + ST-321 + Weapons Engineer + Anti-pursuit Lasers; hand out TL's to the Bounty Hunters early on so they fire with Focus + TL when they're in range of their targets), or I'd drop the shuttle and go with 2x Firespray + HLC (probably with a TIE + Squad Leader for action stacking).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.