Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarvis
United States
Brisbane
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just comparing the box dimensions from their respective game pages, and the Caverna box is over 1-inch thicker than Agricola (12.40 x 8.86 x 3.94 in compared to 12.50 x 8.94 x 2.81 in).

I was feeling down about the massive $90 MSRP, but this box size and a read-through of the components from the rulebook have me feeling better about it. Given their track record of using nearly identical boxes from Agricola through Ora et Labora, they must really need the additional space for Caverna.

I've been excited about this game for a long time. Getting so close!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well look at the rules posted. If the drawings are true to the contents there will be a lot of wood (and acrylic) in the box. And most of that wood won't look like cubes or disks. Much of it, according to the artwork, will be of various animals or log-like wood, or pumpkin-like vegitables etc.

I for one am excited for bits that look like what they represent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it's about the same size box as Terra Mystica, maybe a little bit thicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jarviskj3 wrote:
Given their track record of using nearly identical boxes from Agricola through Ora et Labora, they must really need the additional space for Caverna.

- or maybe they simply realised that it is better to be on the safe side? The Agricola box is way to small for the contents produced, and a slightly deeper box is not that much more expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.