United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spike! Magazine card: "Violence at an All-Time!" reads:

Quote:
This Week: After a standing player becomes downed, roll 1 dice. On a [tackle success icon] result, that downed player immediately becomes injured.

The Gouged Eye Team-upgrade card, "Beat Da Points Outta Dem!" reads:

Quote:
Response: Each time 1 of your players injures an opposing player, gain [2 fans].[/b]

As far as I can tell, any time a GE player with this upgrade tackles someone and injures a player via the Spike! card rule, he gets two fans.

Yes? No? Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Scottgun wrote:
As far as I can tell, any time a GE player with this upgrade tackles someone and injures a player via the Spike! card rule, he gets two fans.

Yes? No? Thoughts?

Yes.

It is not just relevant to that specific example, either. There are star players, as well as the Mummy in the Undead and the Vamps where this is also the case. As far as I'm concerned (and have thusly always played so) the immediate roll is part of the actual tackle action itself and therefore any bonuses for injuring a player are valid. If you reverse-engineer the language I also find you come to the same conclusion: it doesn't state anything about injuring a 'downed' player, only causing an injury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say for sure, but I'd say that the upgrade would apply. The player was still injured by the tackle.

Damn! Beaten to the punch.ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.