Subject: Dying to dynamite. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the rules are out, the questions can begin!

I have 2 questions related to dynamite.

"If you roll 3 or more dynamites, your turn immediately ends and you lose one life point. But, all your other dice are still resolved as normal."

In a later sections it states: "If you lose your last life point, you are out of the game. Show your role to all players and discard all your arrows. If you are eliminated, you do not act in the game anymore."

So, if you die to dynamite, do you still resolve all of your other dice?

Also, if you have a beer rolled when you die to dynamite, do you stay alive (since the dynamite takes your last life point, but the beer restores it)? This would make since to me since you can use a beer to save yourself in regular Bang!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
But, all your other dice are still resolved as normal

Which means that other rules still apply.

For beer - the same. You are able to resolve beer on dice, you should die, but beer can save you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that you die. The rules stat that "you must apply all the dice results in the following order":

1. Indian arrow
2. Dynamite
3. Bull's Eye
4. Beer
5. Gatling

So if you are killed by the Indians, or the dynamite blows up in your face, it seems like you won't have time to drink beer to save you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chetil wrote:
I would think that you die. The rules stat that "you must apply all the dice results in the following order":

1. Indian arrow
2. Dynamite
3. Bull's Eye
4. Beer
5. Gatling

So if you are killed by the Indians, or the dynamite blows up in your face, it seems like you won't have time to drink beer to save you.

OK, I reread the rules.
You are right. If you die by Indians or Dynamite then you can't use other dice.
But when you roll 3 Dynamites and you survive you immediately end your turn, but still apply other dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious what it means by "your turn ends, but you resolve your dice." So for example if I roll 3 dynamite, a 1, and a beer, I would...

-Take damage from dynamite
-Shoot
-Drink beer

or

-Turn ends

Plan on picking up this game up today because we will have about 7-8 people over for a game night tomorrow, and want to make sure I've got the rules down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep Sleep Operative wrote:
Curious what it means by "your turn ends, but you resolve your dice." So for example if I roll 3 dynamite, a 1, and a beer, I would...

-Shoot
-Drink beer

or

-Turn ends

Plan on picking up this game up today because we will have about 7-8 people over for a game night tomorrow, and want to make sure I've got the rules down.

Resolve means resolve
So whatever is rolled on the rest 2 dice is applied.
But you can't continue to reroll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. So even if I get hit by dynamite, I can still shoot, I just can't re-roll anymore.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep Sleep Operative wrote:
So even if I get hit by dynamite, I can still shoot, I just can't re-roll anymore.

Nitpicky point: this should really say "So even if I get hit by dynamite, then so long as I am not killed, I can still shoot, I just can't re-roll anymore."

As said above, if you are killed by dynamite you don't resolve any more dice. So no shooting or drinking beer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dV Giochi
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,
sorry for the delay!

The rules are not exactly correct here.
Actually the rules should be something like this:
If you roll 3 dynamites, you cannot roll again.
If you are still alive, after having resolved the dynamites effect you can still play using the other dice results.

By the way if the dynamites have killed you, you are eliminated from the game due you have no more life points left and neither beer nor other dice that you rolled may be activated.

Hope this will help

Have fun!

Martino Chiacchiera
Junior Editor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raggio
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
dVGiochi wrote:
Hi everybody,
sorry for the delay!

The rules are not exactly correct here.
Actually the rules should be something like this:
If you roll 3 dynamites, you cannot roll again.
If you are still alive, after having resolved the dynamites effect you can still play using the other dice results.

By the way if the dynamites have killed you, you are eliminated from the game due you have no more life points left and neither beer nor other dice that you rolled may be activated.

Hope this will help

Have fun!

Martino Chiacchiera
Junior Editor

Does the same apply for being killed by Indian arrows? If I trigger the arrows and die, can I still shoot before dying? Can I drink beer to save myself? I assume not, but wanted to check.

Thanks,
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't.
There is a reason for ordering the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does character abilities fit into this? SUZY LAFAYETTE's card says, "If you didn’t roll any 1 or 2, you gain two life points.
This only applies at the end of your turn, not during
your re-rolls.

So what if a player had 1 life. Rolled 3 dynamite, a beer, and no 1s or 2s?

Does the dynamite resolve before Suzy's power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raggio
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
kennyj wrote:
Where does character abilities fit into this? SUZY LAFAYETTE's card says, "If you didn’t roll any 1 or 2, you gain two life points.
your re-rolls.

My guess would be that Suzy is dead. I would think the special ability here would resolve after all dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnraggio wrote:
kennyj wrote:
your re-rolls.

My guess would be that Suzy is dead. I would think the special ability here would resolve after all dice.

That's my take as well. This came up last night and that was our ruling. The player playing Suzy was not happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.