Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Haven't played yet, and this is probably a noob question, but I can't find the answer in the rules.

At the start of your turn you put the top blessing into the blessing discard deck. Is that when you check to acquire it? How else would you use that blessing? I'm thinking no because "If you encounter a boon while exploring a location, you may attempt a check to acquire the card." No mention of gaining the boon from the blessing deck.

Or do you never acquire the blessings from the blessing deck, and only gain blessings from locations?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
epilepticemu wrote:
Or do you never acquire the blessings from the blessing deck, and only gain blessings from locations?

This is correct, and is part of the official FAQ http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help! I feel a little less embarrassed seeing that it's not in the rules, and is something that lots of people ask (just apparently not on this forum. I did TRY checking )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to find similar posts on these forums!

(Rest assured, though, it's been asked several times before as I'm sure somebody will tell you!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In essence, the blessings deck is merely a timer for the game. Think of it as such, and it keeps things nice and simple.

Sadly the rules leave quite a few questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
In essence, the blessings deck is merely a timer for the game. Think of it as such, and it keeps things nice and simple.

People keep saying that but nowhere does the rulebook every suggest, say or hint that you try to acquire the blessings from the blessings deck. People reading that into the rules or assuming that somehow you get to take those blessings is not the rules' fault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
Bearhug78 wrote:

People keep saying that but nowhere does the rulebook every suggest, say or hint that you try to acquire the blessings from the blessings deck. People reading that into the rules or assuming that somehow you get to take those blessings is not the rules' fault.

Honestly, I don't blame 'em. The rulebook says "Here's a nice, juicy stack of blessings that effectively are your timer! Oh, and losing to the villain shortens it." The rulebook doesn't quite spell out "Keep your mitts off the juicy stack o' blessings! You don't actually acquire any blessings directly from that stack. The only way is when you lose to a villain and the timer is shortened by some of 'em moving to the open locations. Good luck!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Partridge
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules also don't spell out any way to move those blessings from the timer deck to your hand or to your character deck. Because you can't. They do spell out a way for those cards to move to open locations. Because they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.