Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thorsten Bahr
Germany
Augsburg (near Munich)
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Acc. to the rulebook (p10), I can buy Wood from forest and fields if I have a worker there.
My question: does the forest give me unlimited amount or just one Wood during one single purchase: eg. if I have one worker there (I can't have more than one anyway) I will get exactly ONE Wood or as many as I need?

If I buy the Wood from a field, I can obviously take up to the number of Wood Tokens available in this field.

thanks for the clarification
ferion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Thorsten,

In the forest you can buy unlimited amounts of wood as long as you pay for it. In the fields, like you said, you can only buy what is available.

Hope that helps.

Paulo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Bahr
Germany
Augsburg (near Munich)
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So if IT were only For the wood I would just need a single worker in The forest and could buy all The wood in The world, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ferion wrote:
So if IT were only For the wood I would just need a single worker in The forest and could buy all The wood in The world, correct?

Correct!

More inside, you have to consider that the guy in the forest doesn't produce when harvesting nor counts for any of the bonus in the captaincies. And he costs you food. The catch here is to determine the perfect timing to place a guy in the forest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Fonseca
msg tools
But on the other hand if you "produce" wood with the Mayor action, you can take from the forest 8 wood if I had 3 of my workers and 2 neutrals on the wood gathering city free of charge right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nunoR wrote:
But on the other hand if you "produce" wood with the Mayor action, you can take from the forest 8 wood if I had 3 of my workers and 2 neutrals on the wood gathering city free of charge right?

Yes. In the forest you have an unlimited amount of wood and, in this case everything is for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An additional question. If I'm to obtain 5 wood & I have both a meeple on the field with one wood tile and a meeple on the forest field, can I obtain all the wood from the forest & save the field for later or do I have to clear the field before I go to the forest?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
An additional question. If I'm to obtain 5 wood & I have both a meeple on the field with one wood tile and a meeple on the forest field, can I obtain all the wood from the forest & save the field for later or do I have to clear the field before I go to the forest?

Thanks!

You can keep the one on the field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkpact wrote:
Svartisen wrote:

Thanks!

Although why would you? If you already have a guy on the forest field, you're no longer limited in having access to wood. So the only reason to keep wood on a field would be to harvest it... but generally the crops you harvest are more useful as you can't just buy them like you can with wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darkpact wrote:
Svartisen wrote:

Thanks!

One more tiny clarification for me: If I need to pay, say, 5 wood, and I have one in my supply, and two from the field(s), but I do not have a worker in the forest, I presume I cannot take the action that costs me wood in the first place, correct?

In other words, is having a worker in the forest a requisite for purchasing wood according to the chart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
darkpact wrote:
Svartisen wrote:

Thanks!

Although why would you? If you already have a guy on the forest field, you're no longer limited in having access to wood. So the only reason to keep wood on a field would be to harvest it... but generally the crops you harvest are more useful as you can't just buy them like you can with wood.

Yes in most cases you are right, you want to clear the fields of all wood to get access to the resources. There is one reason to keep at least one wood on a field. If that field transitions from wheat to sugarcane at the end of Round II or sugarcane to wine at the end of Round IV and you want to keep the original resource you can elect to keep wood there to protect it. Once Round II or Round IV finishes that original resource remains even after wood has been harvested or bought.

pacman88k wrote:
darkpact wrote:
Svartisen wrote:

Thanks!

One more tiny clarification for me: If I need to pay, say, 5 wood, and I have one in my supply, and two from the field(s), but I do not have a worker in the forest, I presume I cannot take the action that costs me wood in the first place, correct?

In other words, is having a worker in the forest a requisite for purchasing wood according to the chart?

In your example you only have access to 3 wood. You can't take the action. A good tip is to put a worker into the King's Forest to have access to unlimited wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabralicus wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
darkpact wrote:
Svartisen wrote:

Thanks!

Yes in most cases you are right, you want to clear the fields of all wood to get access to the resources. There is one reason to keep at least one wood on a field. If that field transitions from wheat to sugarcane at the end of Round II or sugarcane to wine at the end of Round IV and you want to keep the original resource you can elect to keep wood there to protect it. Once Round II or Round IV finishes that original resource remains even after wood has been harvested or bought.

pacman88k wrote:
darkpact wrote:
Svartisen wrote:

Thanks!

In your example you only have access to 3 wood. You can't take the action. A good tip is to put a worker into the King's Forest to have access to unlimited wood.

Right, I understand. One final niggly thing that just occurred to me (and then I'll shut up): If I have access to wood in a field, and I choose to use some/all of that wood, I have to PAY for those too? I thought I just lift them off as needed for free, you know - because I have "access" to them. I suspect I have been misinterpreting that rule. Better to have all this cleared up before my first play. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see if I can help.

When you do Harvest in one region and one of the fields you're in have wood, you simply collect one wood (or +1 using the harvester). You do so for free!

When you activate the City you also receive the respective wood for free (then again, you must have access to it).

When you perform build ships (or maintenance) and don't have the wood in front of you, then pay for the wood you need. Again, you must have access to it.

The difference comes basically from the action itself. If the core of the action is 'getting wood', via harvest or city, it's for free, you don't pay. Also from bonus tiles.

If the core action is not getting wood but something aside (like building ships) you must pay for the wood you're using, if you don't have it in front of you.

In all cases you must have access to wood though.

Paulo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soledade wrote:
Let's see if I can help.

When you do Harvest in one region and one of the fields you're in have wood, you simply collect one wood (or +1 using the harvester). You do so for free!

When you activate the City you also receive the respective wood for free (then again, you must have access to it).

When you perform build ships (or maintenance) and don't have the wood in front of you, then pay for the wood you need. Again, you must have access to it.

The difference comes basically from the action itself. If the core of the action is 'getting wood', via harvest or city, it's for free, you don't pay. Also from bonus tiles.

If the core action is not getting wood but something aside (like building ships) you must pay for the wood you're using, if you don't have it in front of you.

In all cases you must have access to wood though.

Paulo

That makes sooo much more sense. Thank you ! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.