Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Seriously interested, a question for experienced players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tanausú Alayón
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has me REALLY interested and I'm currently looking for someone to play with, and if I find someone I really want to try this out. My question is this. If I get 2x core + 2x Edge of Darkness, will it be reasonably balanced for all 6 factions?

It won't be my first lcg so I know I will be wanting to get more if I like the game. But I would first like to get a good Idea of each faction and be able to build some consistent decks while having some reasonably balanced games.

Also, as stated, this won't be my first lcg, I'm still neckdeep in lord of the rings, so budget is a bit of a concern as well. If it's reasonably balanced I think I'll get some good milage out of it between the 6 factions. That way I could go for a slow start on star wars and then when my budget recovers see where I take it from there with the lcg's.

What do you guys think? Are there factions that would suffer from this combo, ones that 'need' some hoth stuff? Or ones that would be too powerfull?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobbyme wrote:
If I get 2x core + 2x Edge of Darkness, will it be reasonable balanced for all 6 factions?

Yes, this is the way to go if you want to get into the game but don't want to buy everything released so far. In my opinion, Edge of Darkness completes the Core Set by making all 6 factions playable. You can get a lot of play out of the Core and Edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's a good start and all six factions will be playable. You'll definitely get enough of a taste to tell whether you want to keep collecting or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll third that response. Core+EoDx2 is a really good way to start, for many, many hours of replayability and customizations.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unsolvable Riddle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two core sets which is a solid start. You won't be able to play two of the factions but can still splash them. My plan is to get 2x EoD next then the complete Hoth cycle.

I think I'll set up my own, slower paced gaming environment with my group:
Cycle 0: 2xCore
Cycle 1: 2xCore, 2xEoD
Cycle 2: 2xCore, 2xEoD, Hoth cycle

Maybe have a separate 2xCore, 2xHoth one as well. The idea is that even when more cards get released we can still go ahead and play a "cycle zero" tournament with newer guys etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your set would give you guite balanced 6 faction play, but the Scum and Villains may be in trouble. The capturing effect system is not easy to make work. I have played guite many games with S&W deck and many times you don't capture anything... Have to tweak out that deck more, but I think that Dengar from Escape from Hoth will help out. Otherwice your planned set will be just fine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanausú Alayón
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, also thanks to everyone else for your responses. The only thing I'm going to need now is someone to play with. Man I am SO ready to dig into this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.