Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anton Tolman
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I am in love with Artipia games. I've looking forward to my copies of Archon and Shadows Over the Empire, but I really want Drum Roll and/or Among the Stars. I can't decide, but I don't think I can have both right now. I need some input -- which one would be best?

I like a wide range of games from top notch complexity to King of Tokyo. I'm trying to get a regular gaming group going where I could try all of these out. Drum Roll looks fantastic and the theme would be unique in my game collection -- it seems like there would be some great player interaction. (I like player interaction). Among the Stars has the space theme and drafting mechanic which I find frustrating at times, but interesting also.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both, I love both.

Drum Roll is probably the better game, but AtS is quicker, easier to learn, harder to master and offers a lot more gameplay choices. No matter which you get, be sure to pay for the KS extras Artipia offers these days. They make AtS much more fun, and Drum Roll infinitely better and more varied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Mort
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Among the Stars might be harder to find right now at a reasonable price. However, if you've backed Shadows Over the Empire you can get either game as an add on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both games are beautifully illustrated, but IMHO Among the Stars in a better game than drum roll having played both. AtS maintains tension right until th final round over who is going to win. Drum Roll just fell a bit flat for me but it's hard to say why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Tolman
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, OK. The input is split. Maybe these questions will help: 1). How well does the game work with 2 players? 2) How much player interaction is there? @David, thanks for the recommendations. I'm springing for the extras -- they look fabulous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.