Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been so busy with life of late that I haven't had a chance to stay on top of things. Just recently had a birthday and have some money burning a hole in my pocket. What new games have you played that you just love??

I am not looking for anything over 2hrs or overly heavy as even though I love games like this the people I play with the most don't. So I am most interested in light to medium weight games.

Bring it on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been very happy with Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game.

Although I felt Ascension: Return of the Fallen was a better game overall, the Marvel heroes and villains add a fun dynamic and I love choosing which heroes and villains we'll play each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
WHERE IS JA?!
badge
Help me Ja Rule
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set
Firenze
Bruges
Yedo
Trains

All new (at least in the US) and I enjoy all of them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spyrium
Mascarade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Terror in Meeple City

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
My job is not the day shift or the night shift, it's the always shift!
badge
I will chop your head off!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Yedo

I've been enjoying Castaways, though Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island seems to be the more popular of the two. Castaways is less fiddly and more story-oriented, while RC is the more difficult and varied of the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
monchichi wrote:

I am not looking for anything over 2hrs or overly heavy as even though I love games like this the people I play with the most don't. So I am most interested in light to medium weight games.

Bring it on...
For those that missed it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Moore
Germany
March
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
"Playin' solitaire 'til dawn, with a deck of fifty-one."
mbmbmbmbmb
newkillerstar27 wrote:
+1 for Yedo

I've been enjoying Castaways, though Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island seems to be the more popular of the two. Castaways is less fiddly and more story-oriented, while RC is the more difficult and varied of the two.
Robinson Crusoe was my game of last year; I was so happy to get hold of one of the last original print runs. I still think it's one of the most thematic and clever games I've played.

I opened Castaways yesterday and sorted the components. I can see me enjoying this one just as much - and I don't see them as similar at all. Love the more story-based focus with the deck of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Moore
Germany
March
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
"Playin' solitaire 'til dawn, with a deck of fifty-one."
mbmbmbmbmb
As a separate suggestion, we've absolutely loved Letters from Whitechapel, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set, Shadowrift and Love Letter.

And I'm just in the middle of making my mind up about Legends of Andor. Initial impressions are positive. If I had time/cash to spare, I suspect I'd be all over Trains, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls