Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've posted this on A Few Maneuvers but I thought I'd post it here as well.

I've mentioned on other threads and forums my wish to do an Attack Wing Participation game at one of my local wargaming conventions (if I can manage to get it together in time).

To this end I already have the AMT Deep Space 9 model (16" diameter) and some Furuta Ships models for the larger models (Cruiser size).

In addition I finally (after much internal debate) decided to splash out on a Shapeways Galactic Warship or in anyone else but Shapeway's opinion a Breen Cruiser.

I really expected it to take much longer to arrive but it turned up today so here's a comparison pic.

And here's the start of my Dominion Fleet. I Intend to have 2 more Attack ships, some Hideki Fighters and I'm currently converting another Galor into a Keldon.

Click on the Thumbnail to see a bigger version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks cool. I really like the custom ships. Been looking at making a custom Borg Cube myself to use for a scenario game to get people interested in the game more around here. I built one for Tactics and it drew a lot of interest.

There is a Keldon Class coming out soon (wave 2 or 3), so you shouldn't have to wait much longer for that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Dogg Rulzz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
are you going to field a Jem Hadar battleship in scale to the breen cruiser. It would have to be huge. good luck.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Keldon comes out in December in wave 2 but unfortunately that will be too late for the convention I'm aiming for so I'll probably just design my own card until the real ones come out (unless they're spoiled before then).

There is someone who produces Dominion ships in a large scale but they're way too expensive for me to buy. I do have an AMT Romulan warbird that is around the correct size but that means it's absolutely huge and isn't really playable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a bit side-tracked with real life but I finally got round to doing some more work on my Upscaled participation game project.

I've decided on a 400 point game with Faction pure builds and where possible ship and era pure builds.

I've got the Federation/Klingon Alliance list worked out as follows:

Deep Space Nine (44+2+5+4+4=59)
Kira Nerys
Miles O'Brian
Redshirt
Redshirt

Enterprise-D (28+6+5+3+4+4+5+5=60)
Picard
Cheat Death
Data
Geordi
Redshirt
Anti-Matter Mines
Photon Torpedoes

Defiant (24+4+3+4+3+5+6+4=53)
Benjamin Sisko
Attack Pattern Delta
Jadzia Dax
Worf
Anti-Matter Mines
Quantum Torpedoes
Cloaking Device

IKS Maht-H'a (28+3+4+5+5+5=50)
Nu'Daq
Konmel
Klingon Boarding Party
Photon Torpedoes
Projected Stasis Field

IKS Ch'Tang (22+5+5+4+5+4+5=50)
Martok
In'Cha
Drex
Photon Torpedoes
Concussive Charges
Advanced Weapon System

K'T'Inga (22+0+4+5=31) x 3
Generic Captain
Magnetic Pulse
Photon Torpedoes

Runabout (14+0+3=17) x 2
Generic Captain
Photon Torpedoes

This list needs a custom card for the Runabout so I drafted up this:

I'll be using the AMT DS9 model, an Eaglemoss Enterprise-D, Attack Wing/Tactics Defiant and IKS Ch'Tang plus Micromachine K'Tinga and Runabouts.

Just need to finalise my Dominion fleet now and work out the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My almost finished Federation/Klingon Alliance fleet ready to protect DS9 from the Dominion.

My new 6' x 4' playmat arrived at the same time as my last federation ship (the Defiant) so I decided to take a couple of "piccies" (click on Thumbnail to see a larger pic)

Was tempted to add in a K'Vort Bird of Prey as well as the B'Rel version but I'm already struggling to make the points even on the Dominion side.

Might have to have the Dominion make an Alliance with the Ferengi to get some extra points. They obviously tempted the Ferengi away from their Neutral stance by offering them exclusive trading rights to the Gamma Quadrant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you show more pics of the DS9?

I simply can't wait until March to get one! I've already made plans to put Chancellor Gorkon on any station my Klingons own to reduce incoming fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls