Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I posted the image below I have received periodical geekmails from people asking me for the files to make my deck of cards to replace pen & paper in Quebec 1759.

Since I suppose some people would want the files but didint take the time to contact me I am going to publish a link to an artscow deck to order one.

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/quebec-4d4h4xcu...

Enjoy!

PD: I did not publish the link before I wanted to have some permission from Columbia games, for sure Im not making any money with this but at least they have the IP of the map images. I contacted them twice about the matter but never got a reply. For sure if they have any problem with the deck I will remove the link and files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look neat, but how do you use them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The deck contains a set of 1-10 in spades (French) and hearts (British) with an extra ace used as a 1. Also it has two sets with all the areas in the map.

Instead of writing the movement in paper you make a small pile of cards in this order.

above - the area activated to move
second - the number of block you want to move
third - the area of destination.

Then both players reveal and execute the movement.

Of course there are special cases. You may want to move more than 10 blocks, in this case you can use a 10 and another number card. Or you may want to split troops among different regions in which case use different numbers and areas in order under the area activated for movement.

I included also some additional card for special movements: Indian raid, scoting, ship movement, also there are 2 portraits (with no number)of Montcalm and Wolfe in case you have the recent edition.

It may be a bit tricky and ideally you have to talk and agree with the other player to avoid misunderstandings. But it really works and is faster than paper. As always the only downside is that you don't end with a nice log of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
These cards are cool but when I downloaded them from the site the resolution isn't good enough to print out. Each card is way too small. How do you download the larger files?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cant, the deck is intended to be purchased in artscow.

I should have kept a copy of the images in my HD and share it for the people who want to made home cards, bud sadly I didint after I bought the deck. Sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.