Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Escape: The Curse of the Temple» Forums » General

Subject: Missing Components! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Wentz

Biddeford
Maine
msg tools
mb
I just opened a brand new copy of this game, and many of the tiles seem to be missing. There are only 6 basic chamber tiles (there should be 13 in addition to the 6 starting tiles and curse/treasure tiles - I counted them about a dozen times!), there is no "gem depot", and there are only 6 curse cards (of which there should be 14) and 12 of the expansion chambers (of which there should also be 14). There were 3 total punchboards - it seems like a few are definitely missing. This is obviously pretty disappointing, as I was hoping to break this out with my game group tonight.

Anyways, I'm posting here because I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this (?) I just emailed Queen Games customer service - has anyone had experience with them? I know some publishers are hit and miss with customer service - should I expect a reply fairly soon?

Any advice/experience is appreciated. Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was missing dice in the Illusions expansion and geekmailed this user and had a wonderfully quick response and quick turnaround on my missing pieces. She is with Queen Games, North America...something like that.

nikki pontius
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should check the numbers of the punchboards - IIRC each is numbered, and there should be 10. Once you know which ones you have, you can report it to the store you bought it from or Queen directly and they should sort it out for you.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wentz

Biddeford
Maine
msg tools
mb
Good suggestion - didn't notice the numbers! I'm missing #2, 5 & 6. Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Four of my illusion tiles were printed offline with big white parts showing. I contacted queen games about this and they sent me a replacement . There was one problem. The replacements they sent me were those of agricola.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hal 2000 wrote:
Four of my illusion tiles were printed offline with big white parts showing. I contacted queen games about this and they sent me a replacement . There was one problem. The replacements they sent me were those of agricola.
This makes no sense as Queen games doesn't even manufacture Agricola.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Queen's games customer service is excellent. I was missing all of the dice from my brand new copy and they send me the replacements to Mexico very quickly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
elwatoplus wrote:
Queen's games customer service is excellent. I was missing all of the dice from my brand new copy and they send me the replacements to Mexico very quickly.
Same here. But I only have 5 dice (missing 20). I emailed a few weeks ago and got a reply to ask for my address. but so far, nothing has arrived.

I keep waiting... :/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthage wrote:
Hal 2000 wrote:
Four of my illusion tiles were printed offline with big white parts showing. I contacted queen games about this and they sent me a replacement . There was one problem. The replacements they sent me were those of agricola.
This makes no sense as Queen games doesn't even manufacture Agricola.
Sorry, i meant alhambra!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikki pontius
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hal 2000 wrote:
Carthage wrote:
Hal 2000 wrote:
Four of my illusion tiles were printed offline with big white parts showing. I contacted queen games about this and they sent me a replacement . There was one problem. The replacements they sent me were those of agricola.
This makes no sense as Queen games doesn't even manufacture Agricola.
Sorry, i meant alhambra!
Hall 2000 have you written me yet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Evangelista
Portugal
Santa Iria de Azoia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody been able to contact someone on Queen games?

My copy of Escape is missing several tiles (the "sprues" - I don't know the technical name - 1/10 and 4/10 are missing) and the game is absolutely unplayable without them.

I've tried to contact Queen games in Germany and so far had no answer (I've done it 4 days ago)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Evangelista
Portugal
Santa Iria de Azoia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone? soblue


drzodiacus wrote:
Has anybody been able to contact someone on Queen games?

My copy of Escape is missing several tiles (the "sprues" - I don't know the technical name - 1/10 and 4/10 are missing) and the game is absolutely unplayable without them.

I've tried to contact Queen games in Germany and so far had no answer (I've done it 4 days ago)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
drzodiacus wrote:
Anyone? soblue


drzodiacus wrote:
Has anybody been able to contact someone on Queen games?

My copy of Escape is missing several tiles (the "sprues" - I don't know the technical name - 1/10 and 4/10 are missing) and the game is absolutely unplayable without them.

I've tried to contact Queen games in Germany and so far had no answer (I've done it 4 days ago)
sending you to this thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/13849568
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Evangelista
Portugal
Santa Iria de Azoia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, meanwhile I got a message from the publisher.

Let's hope the replacements come soon.

Cheers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Finland
Espoo/Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought this game today but unfortunately it is missing an entire sheet of tiles. Thanks to this thread I was able to message the contact person, so hopefully will get a replacement! We will see...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hon
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game and am missing punch outs as well. Funny thing is that I don't even have the start and exit chamber (amongst other tiles). I have all the other components though (gems, gem depot, dice, timer, CD, etc).

Not sure if my game is standard, but it says it's supposed to come with tiles for Module 1: Curses and Module 2: Treasures. So if I add up all the items listed on the back of the box, I think I'm missing quite a few tiles.

I sent an email 3 weeks ago to Germany and followed up each week so far...no response. Finally decided to reach out to the recommended rep that people speak about. Hopefully I get something soon.

Will update in another week or so of staring at the unplayable game when I get home each day... shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hon
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick update, after another week or so, I sent another e-mail to Queen Games' CEO and VP where I got a response fairly quick.

All other methods started replying (German website contact, BGG contact, etc), but I found speaking with the CEO got things sorted out with a supplier and a local board game shop here in Toronto.

I still haven't gotten the exchange yet, but will probably have it in my hand by tomorrow.

So it took about a month to get things sorted out and it took a while - but once I get my fixed game, I guess I can finally give this game a shot.

Didn't take too long, but had to be pro-active in trying to get a response.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls