Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well its good to apologize when you're wrong.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/10/04/harry_reid...

this part in particular was interesting. it was sort of a backhanded apology.

Mr. President, I think we’ve all here in the Senate kind of lost the aura of Robert Byrd, who was such a stickler for Senate procedure

the Aura of Robert Byrd..... um....um.... o.k ?!?!

somewhere in a grave Robert Byrd's corpse just sat up and said "what the hell ? we have a black man as president !! I better find my way back to the senate". Satan is considering letting him out for good behavior.

stay classy my Democrat friends, stay classy !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
Microbadge: Chit Chatter of the DayMicrobadge: Golden CamelMicrobadge: Fighting Hover Crab fanMicrobadge: Parent of Two Boys and Two GirlsMicrobadge: US Air Force
Are you sure your last name isn't Colbert?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
Are you sure your last name isn't Colbert?
Wait, it /isn't/ Colbert?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Allowing a bit of nastiness and direct confrontation on occasion does at least make politics more interesting. I love to see some of those British politicians throw out a few good insults. They know it is often just theater and treat it as such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
well its good to apologize when you're wrong.

......we're still waiting Jeremy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
bjlillo wrote:
Is it legal for Canadian lawyers to get into the Senate?
Why don't we ask Ted Cruz?

*Rimshot*

Thankyoufolks you're too kind. I'll be here all week. Try the veal!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Ahh, the lost aura of the Senate's last KKK member. Whatever will we do without the old hatemonger throwing racist bile around anymore? Is it legal for Canadian lawyers to get into the Senate? If so, his successor is wasting away in relative obscurity up in Toronto.
We've got Jeff Sessions covering those bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say there is a huge difference between recognizing someone's abilities as an administrator/procedurist and embracing their social agenda, but I wouldn't expect such a toonishly stereotypical TP member to understand that. Yer fer us or again' us right?

I'm guessing Paul Ryan and Romney are leftist hacks these days, what with thinking this ploy is shitty and all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
I'd say there is a huge difference between recognizing someone's abilities as an administrator/procedurist and embracing their social agenda, but I wouldn't expect such a toonishly stereotypical TP member to understand that. Yer fer us or again' us right?

I would tend to agree, but think it was still ill thought out. But then maybe he is making a point that even hate mongers like that still understood decorum and procedure, and what this says about today's batch of yahoo's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Chemical EngineerMicrobadge: Coffee drinkerMicrobadge: Clojure programmerMicrobadge: Apple Cider drinkerMicrobadge: Control Systems Engineer
Shadrach wrote:

I'm guessing Paul Ryan and Romney are leftist hacks these days, what with thinking this ploy is shitty and all.
Forget Romney, he's not considered a conservative. Use Scott Walker instead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls