United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
So lately I have been spending some of my vacation days helping to bottle beers at Jester King Brewery. It is as fun as manual labor can be, I imagine.

And, for that labor, I have been rewarded with almost 3 cases of 750 ml bottles of beer. These bottles were rejected by the quality control folks, but they should still be rather drinkable. They are:

Jester King Brewery wrote:
Medium strength, dry, golden ale brewed with our farmhouse yeast, and, as its name suggests, an abundance of noble, European hops. Thoroughly hoppy, yet elegant, dry, balanced, and drinkable.

Package: 750ml bottles, limited draught
Availability: Year-round
OG: 1.046 FG: 1.004 ABV: 5.5%
Water: Hill Country Well Water
Malts: Organic Pilsner, Organic Two Row, Organic Wheat, Organic Caramunich
Hops: Czech Saaz, East Kent Goldings
Yeast: Farmhouse Yeast

English Imperial Stout meets the Franco-Belgian Farmhouse tradition in this dry, drinkable beer; Pitch black in color with notes of chocolate, roasted and black malts coupled with earthy, peppery and floral farmhouse esters.

Package: 750ml bottles
OG: 1.084 FG: 1.014 ABV: 9.3%
Malts: Organic Pale Malt, Roasted Barley, Black Malt, Chocolate Malt, Caramalt, Brown Malt, Carafa, Dark Crystal Malt
Hops: Millennium, East Kent Goldings

Earthy rye and piny hop flavor and aroma meet spicy, funky characteristics from our farmhouse yeast in this American-inspired farmhouse ale.

Package: 750ml bottles,
limited draught
OG: 1.060 FG: 1.007 ABV: 7.3%
Malts: Organic Two Row, Organic Malted Rye, Organic Carapils, Organic Carafa
Hops: Millennium, Cascade, Columbus

“Provision Ale” is a rough translation of the French term “bière de provision“, which was sometimes used to describe special beers that were suitable for extended storage and aging. Brewed from relatively simple, straightforward ingredients, Mad Meg is golden colored and quite strong, at over 9% ABV. Its palate intertwines delicate farmhouse esters with earthy, spicy hops and clean malt flavors. The name “Mad Meg”, refers to a peasant woman from Flemish folklore, also known as “Dulle Griet” or “Dull Gret”, who leads an army of women to pillage hell. She’s famously depicted in Pieter Brueghel the Elder’s 1562 painting by the same name.

Package: 750ml bottles
OG: 1.065 FG: 1.004 ABV: 8.9%
Malts: Organic Pilsner, Organic Two Row, Organic Wheat
Hops: Czech Saaz, East Kent Goldings
While I want to give away the beer, I am thinking about how to best minimize it's impact on my board gaming experience. So I am thinking about dedicating 2 one hour blocks (Thursday morning sometime and the hour after the flea market) to give out the bottles to people who stop by.

Would anyone be interested in this? Also, I should mention that this is for non Austin area folks (who already have access to great beer).

Also, if anyone drinks the unlabled bottles of beer at the con and gives them back to me, I will use them to bottle kombucha later on.

NOTE:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
This is something that I am doing on my own, in my hotel room. The convention is not affiliated with loving Jester King beer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
Microbadge: WingMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: I love PortlandMicrobadge: Beer fanMicrobadge: Wing
I visited the brewery a couple months back, lovely area. Although the Black Metal, was the only one of the above, they had on tap, when I visited, it was the one I liked the best. I generally prefer maltier beers. But I will let those bottles go to someone who can't normally get it. (and tell them to enjoy!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmmmm.... beer seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does Pflugerville count as non-Austin?

Nice gesture, Hamzy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
Microbadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinkingMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Gelato participantMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: The Fantasy Trip RPG fan
That's a very cool gesture. I'll try to make it by your room after the flea market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey Mark...it's been a while. San Antonio doesn't count, right? Sure, i can get it at HEB, but i'll never kick free craft beer out of bed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McMahon
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You buy weird things when you have to much GG
badge
Microbadge: Curling fanMicrobadge: Green Bay Packers fanMicrobadge: Gen Con attendeeMicrobadge: Alfred E. Neuman fanMicrobadge: Beer fan
I like beer.

I'll try to stop by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Book readerMicrobadge: Scotch drinkerMicrobadge: Golden Retriever loverMicrobadge: CollectorMicrobadge: Happily married
That sounds awesome!

I should be able to get something from Vermont to the Con...anything from up here interest you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Potter
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be cool of you. I would stop by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Worcester
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
Microbadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fanMicrobadge: Hill Farmstead fanMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: Who's a cute ickle tardigrades? You are! Yes, you are!Microbadge: LGBTQ ally
As a new Texan, I look forward to trying out more local brews. So far, I'm enjoying Real Ale and St. Arnold's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonato926 wrote:
That sounds awesome!

I should be able to get something from Vermont to the Con...anything from up here interest you?
I like sour beers, stouts and barley wines...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg deBeer
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That is very cool. I'd love to stop by- I'll see if I can find some good California beer to bring you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gdebeer wrote:
That is very cool. I'd love to stop by- I'll see if I can find some good California beer to bring you.
Got any Pliny to trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gdebeer wrote:
Russian River makes some great barrel aged beers and does not distribute to Texas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: "TAKE SIX MEAT DAMAGE, FROWNY EURODUDE!"Microbadge: Twilight Struggle fan Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Ohio UniversityMicrobadge: Suburbia fan
I'd try some Black Metal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg deBeer
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Russian River is what I was planning to grab. I don't have any Pliny in my fridge, but I can look to see if there's any available locally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Book readerMicrobadge: Scotch drinkerMicrobadge: Golden Retriever loverMicrobadge: CollectorMicrobadge: Happily married
hamzy wrote:
rdonato926 wrote:
That sounds awesome!

I like sour beers, stouts and barley wines...
Done.

I'll bring one of these for you, a great barley wine:

And I'll find a stout for ya as well. There's one I'd love to get, but it's a bit harder to find, so I'll reserve the reveal for when I get my hands on one.

I'm interested in Black Metal and Mad Meg...those sound awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Olson
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: International Space Station - humankind's first step towards exploring the starsMicrobadge: Don't get into a slap fight with Canadarm2, a 17-meter-long robotic arm of the ISS. To begin with, it is in space.Microbadge: I use BitcoinsMicrobadge: DudeistMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Nice of you to bring them Mark!

I'm in Houston - not sure if they have Jester King beers here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
rdonato926 wrote:
That sounds awesome!

You're from the land of The Alchemist and Hill Farmstead and you're wondering if anyone would be interested in something from up there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Luce wrote:
rdonato926 wrote:
That sounds awesome!

You're from the land of The Alchemist and Hill Farmstead and you're wondering if anyone would be interested in something from up there?
I know, I know...but not everyone goes that way. I, for one, am not a fan of Heady Topper (or IPAs in general). It puts me in the minority, but saves me hours spent waiting in line when they release it.

I miss the Alchemist's old digs in Waterbury. It was nice to choose some of their other selections. Donovan's Red was fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Tinkham
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in trading a 2013 Surly Darkness for a Black Metal- Thanks for sharing these beers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: "TAKE SIX MEAT DAMAGE, FROWNY EURODUDE!"Microbadge: Twilight Struggle fan Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Ohio UniversityMicrobadge: Suburbia fan
jarmicols wrote:
Nice of you to bring them Mark!

I'm in Houston - not sure if they have Jester King beers here.
Haven't seen it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hough
United States
Hot Springs
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hamzy,

I just posted an update to the beer trade forum -- Adam Webb and I will host the trade in our room either Wednesday or Thursday night, if you'd like to attend. I remember meeting you last year over a rationed glass of Enigma and hope to see you again. I'll likely have some bottles for you as well - we're finishing off a rather ugly batch of homebrewed Pale right now.

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamgoatchris wrote:
Hamzy,

I just posted an update to the beer trade forum -- Adam Webb and I will host the trade in our room either Wednesday or Thursday night, if you'd like to attend. I remember meeting you last year over a rationed glass of Enigma and hope to see you again. I'll likely have some bottles for you as well - we're finishing off a rather ugly batch of homebrewed Pale right now.

Cheers,
Chris
Hey Chris, thanks for the update! It was fun meeting you last year. And last year I remember having to bail early on the beer tasting to head out to a group dinner at Babe's. Hopefully this year won't be a repeat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg deBeer
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hamzy-

Any further details on when you want to set this up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |