Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's bad ratings, but a couple of weeks ago Nielsen gave a broadcast of a Houston Astros home game a "0" meaning they could not find a soul in a twenty county area watching it.

They should cancel the Astros
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Offline from The Geek for a while
Orangemoose wrote:
That's bad ratings, but a couple of weeks ago Nielsen gave a broadcast of a Houston Astros home game a "0" meaning they could not find a soul in a twenty county area watching it.

I've always thought that American professional sports leagues need relegation like they have in Europe, i.e., the English Premier League football (soccer). Bottom 4 teams get relegated to the minors and the top 4 minor league teams take their place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Microbadge: Look up at the starsMicrobadge: and not down at your feet.Microbadge: Try to make sense of what you see,Microbadge: and wonder about what makes the universe exist.Microbadge: Be curious. - Stephen Hawking
hskrfn822 wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

I've always thought that American professional sports leagues need relegation like they have in Europe, i.e., the English Premier League football (soccer). Bottom 4 teams get relegated to the minors and the top 4 minor league teams take their place.
How in the world did they get the owners to agree to that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hskrfn822 wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

(It looks like the original reason for posting didn't even last as long as the show.)

You couldn't do relegation in baseball, because the minor-league teams are all affiliates of the major-league teams. As for football, there are no minor-league teams.

I like the idea, but it will never happen in the U.S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls