Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacki J
United States
Grapevine
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If no one can afford the starting bids of development cards out for auction, do these cards get discarded or stay there until finally they get bought?

Edited to add:
After playing our two player game, I have more questions.

1. I'm assuming the only way get workers is through the dev cards, but feels like there's not that many workers. I had a few new tiles from dev cards but only could put a few workers on each, is that normal?

2. When you get a dev card that has storage buildings on it, I assume you can add a building to your storage card and then your production card limit is increased by one? Is there a limit to the number of storage buildings you can have?

3. If you move workers from one til to another and leave their tools behind, can you move more than one worker if you can afford the new tools? Can you leave more than one old tools at the old tile or do you need a new worker to pick up the old tools before leaving another set of old tools?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: quick question - if no one can afford bids, do the cards get discarded or stay there
sheisaeval wrote:
If no one can afford the starting bids of development cards out for auction, do these cards get discarded or stay there until finally they get bought?
If no one buys a development card, it stays for the next round.

This is true whether no one has enough money or if they just choose not to put it up for auction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacki J
United States
Grapevine
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
sheisaeval wrote:
If no one buys a development card, it stays for the next round.

This is true whether no one has enough money or if they just choose not to put it up for auction.
Thanks! I do have a few more other questions, added above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Skellett
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
A wolf and a penguin could never live together, nor could a camel and a hippopotamus. That would be absurd.
badge
And the older you get, the fewer things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.
Microbadge: Everybody's got plans... until they get hitMicrobadge: I like learning games more than winning them!Microbadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Heavy Games fanMicrobadge: It ain't over till the fat lady sings
sheisaeval wrote:

Edited to add:

1. I'm assuming the only way get workers is through the dev cards, but feels like there's not that many workers. I had a few new tiles from dev cards but only could put a few workers on each, is that normal?

2. When you get a dev card that has storage buildings on it, I assume you can add a building to your storage card and then your production card limit is increased by one? Is there a limit to the number of storage buildings you can have?

3. If you move workers from one til to another and leave their tools behind, can you move more than one worker if you can afford the new tools? Can you leave more than one old tools at the old tile or do you need a new worker to pick up the old tools before leaving another set of old tools?

Thanks!
Quick answers:

1. Yes, that's normal.

2. Yes, add a building & your limit is increased by one. There is no limit to the number of storage buildings.

3. You can move more than one worker if you can afford tools. This will leave multiple tools at the old tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacki J
United States
Grapevine
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hxbx wrote:
sheisaeval wrote:

Edited to add:

Thanks!
Quick answers:

1. Yes, that's normal.

2. Yes, add a building & your limit is increased by one. There is no limit to the number of storage buildings.

3. You can move more than one worker if you can afford tools. This will leave multiple tools at the old tile.
Thanks! Another quick question-

For the tiles that can have workers on it, there are 12 spots, will there ever be a likelihood for all the spots to be filled in order for the last one to be ever reached? I'm assuming you can only get to the next spot if the previous spot is filled, or is there a way for a worker to "jump" ahead without a spot filled previously?

For the city center tiles, does it mean you can exchange the coins for VP 3 times total in the game, or 3 times per your player's turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no way to have a worker jump ahead. The spots don't really have any thematic reality, they're just a shortcut to help you figure out more quickly how much total VP's and production you're getting from your workers.

I have seen people get as many as 12 hunters. If I recall right, you are allowed to have more workers than that, you just have to figure out your VP's and production from there on your own.

The VP Purchase tiles from City Center are three times in the game, not three times per turn. (Six times in the game if you get both City Centers.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:
you are allowed to have more workers than [the tiles show]
False; the tile spots are a limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the correction. It's something that would come up only quite rarely, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls