4 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game – Dark City» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Solo Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry R
msg tools
Hello,

Just picked up the "Dark City" expansion and loving it. Two miscellaneous questions that I would love to get some opinions on:

1. Under the new Advanced Solo Mode in "Dark City":

"Whenever you complete a Master Strike, play another card from the Villain Deck."

My Mastermind is the Kingpin, and his master strike is to discard and draw 5 new cards unless I have a MK hero. Okay, but if I have a MK hero (i.e., I have blocked the Master Strike), then I don't have to discard, BUT does that mean I have "completed" the master strike and thus have to play another card from the villain deck? Or, does "completing" a Master Strike mean I have been unable to block it?

2. A question I have always wondered about since the original game - page 5 (Game Setup) of the original game says to take the 4 Mastermind Tactics cards and put them in random order under the Mastermind card- which I assume means to shuffle them and stick them under the main Mastermind card.

Page 14 of the original game states that, when fighting the Mastermind, "Choose a random card from the four face-down Mastermind Tactics cards underneath the Mastermind."

I have always just taken the top face-down card under the main Mastermind card- is that right, or are you supposed to reshuffle the face-down Mastermind Tactics cards and then pick a random one?

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1) Yes, you would always draw another villain card, no matter what.

2) I don't suppose it matters, but I always mix 'em up and fan it out and then offer it to the active player to choose one. It's just how we're used to picking random cards in card games. But it really shouldn't matter one way or the other as long as you get random results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurn
Netherlands
Barendrecht
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I think a Master Strike card is always completed after resolving its card text, whatever the outcome of the text. That is how I play it and what makes the most sense to me.

2. In the end it doesn't really matter right? The point is that you don't know which tactic you are going to draw next time and that it is done randomly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry R
msg tools
lordrahvin and Deacis: many thanks for your replies - very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls