Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the photo below, I've outlined what I think are 3 legal group attack paths, in three different colors. For the yellow path, I would assume that if I'm correct and it's a legal path, it would be legal to make the attack to the same positions but switching which starting position goes to which end position?

Finally, note that I've painted in a blue block in the rear position of the blocks I hope to attack with. I'm wondering if a block occupying that position would have any effect on the legality of any or all of the attack moves.

As a final, unrelated question, if the confederate block on the far left of this position wants to move to occupy the position directly to its rear, I believe it can occupy that position either in the area it currently occupies (so changing facing) or in the adjoined area (so facing into what was its previous position), then it must stop as it's adjacent to an enemy block (assuming the painted in block is real). I'd like to ask if that's correct as well.

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The block on the left would unable to march move, as it would be in the FoF of that block.

EDIT: my mistake, I couldn't see all the position/area lines. Don't think there's a ridge there, so the FoF wouldn't extend to that area, so disregard what I said...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Haggerty
United States
flag msg tools
fatgreta wrote:
In the photo below, I've outlined what I think are 3 legal group attack paths, in three different colors.
All three attacks are legal. (Both defense positions have ridge terrain on both sides.)

fatgreta wrote:
For the yellow path, I would assume that if I'm correct and it's a legal path, it would be legal to make the attack to the same positions but switching which starting position goes to which end position?
Yes.

fatgreta wrote:
Finally, note that I've painted in a blue block in the rear position of the blocks I hope to attack with. I'm wondering if a block occupying that position would have any effect on the legality of any or all of the attack moves.
It would have no effect on the attack. Fields of fire only pin enemy units making March moves, not Attack moves.

fatgreta wrote:
As a final, unrelated question, if the confederate block on the far left of this position wants to move to occupy the position directly to its rear, I believe it can occupy that position either in the area it currently occupies (so changing facing) or in the adjoined area (so facing into what was its previous position), then it must stop as it's adjacent to an enemy block (assuming the painted in block is real). I'd like to ask if that's correct as well.
That's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls