Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Whitfield
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple of rules questions that perhaps I have overlooked the obvious rule. First question is can you place equiptment on other players hunters. We play that you can. Second question is about the Dwarven Blacksmiths pack. When you play it on a hunter it copies another item on any other hunter. If the original item it copies is eliminated from the game does the backpack still keep the characteristics of the item it copied. We play that it does. This came up when i played a 3 card combination on my wife. In one trip to the market i bought the Dwarven Blacksmiths Pack, Court Jesters Hat, and Witch Hunters Potion of Rust. She had the Thiefs Jacket equiped. I played the Jesters hat on her Paladin, played the Backpack on my Necromancer copying her thieves jacket and destroyed her thieves jacket. She cried foul saying that since the jacket was destroyed the backpack couldnt copy its abilities. Needless to say I changed my strategy and played the jester hat on her Paladin, the backpack on her bodyguard(copying the jesters hat) and destroyed her thieves jacket. She didnt like that either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
logopolys wrote:
In one trip to the market i bought the Dwarven Blacksmiths Pack, Court Jesters Hat, and Witch Hunters Potion of Rust. She had the Thiefs Jacket equiped. I played the Jesters hat on her Paladin, played the Backpack on my Necromancer copying her thieves jacket and destroyed her thieves jacket. She cried foul saying that since the jacket was destroyed the backpack couldnt copy its abilities. Needless to say I changed my strategy and played the jester hat on her Paladin, the backpack on her bodyguard(copying the jesters hat) and destroyed her thieves jacket. She didnt like that either.

I just have to say that if I didn't already have the game, a scenario like the one described would have made me run out and buy it. I love games like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Hey Greg,

Good questions! The Jester's Hat and the Shaman's Sustaining Shroud are the only equipment you can play on another player's hunter. Unless you use the Demagog's Champion ability. However, you were correct about the Dwarven Pack. When it is played it copies another equipment and keeps that equipments ability or skill even if it is destroyed.

You should play nicer with your wife though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.