Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Paizo Subscription rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff H

Greeneville
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking about subscribing so that I can pick up promo cards. When I subscribe, do I pay for everything then or am I charged as each one comes out? Site is confusing me. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charged as each comes out.

Here's a good link on the Paizo site.
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq#v5748eaic9n1w
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff H

Greeneville
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked because I put it in my cart and I went to check out and it showed $63 and change as cost which made no sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
A trial needs witnesses and evidence not a coverup.
Microbadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Proud GrandparentMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars Fan
Are you starting with the base set and the character add-on deck? If so that cost sounds about right. The two combined are $80 retail. With a 20% discount it is just under $64.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff H

Greeneville
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it. I had clicked on the wrong thing. I already have base stuff. Whoops
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to pay attention. Right now, it gives you the option of the base game and character add-on OR the second adventure pack. You just have to pick the 2nd option if you want the adventure pack. It will work just fine though I'm wondering if there are supposed to be 2 promo cards or just one. One is all that showed up in my subscription checkout.

Not a huge deal because the best reason to do the subscription is that it will cost all of $22 and change instead of $16.99 + $7-10 shipping from most everywhere else I've seen. If you're buying a lot of games (or other stuff from Amazon), the shipping won't suck quite as bad for something that weighs almost nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff H

Greeneville
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question. I ordered the base set and add on from Cool Stuff Inc. should be here Monday. Anybody ordered from them? Will I get promo cards with that order or do I need to buy add on deck from Paizo and send the deck back to CSI?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no promos with Coolstuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff H

Greeneville
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's a list of all 8 promo cards for Rise of the Runelords:
Fire Sneeze
Poog of Zarongel
Blessing of Zarongel
Dance with Squealy Nord
Birdcruncher Crown
Grindylow
Horsechopper +1
Goblin Plate +1
August 2013
August 2013
October 2013
November 2013
December 2013
February 2014
April 2014
June 2014
Paizo Convention Promo
Retail Promo
Retail Promo
Game Trade Magazine
Retail Promo
Retail Promo
Retail Promo
Retail Promo

Cards listed as "Retail Promo" will be available at game stores, and will also be inserted into selected paizo.com orders during the appropriate month.

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game subscribers will be shipped promo cards along with their subscription orders (Fire Sneeze and Poog of Zarongel shipped with the August subscription shipment; Blessing of Zarongel ships with the October shipment, Dance with Squealy Nord and Birdcruncher Crown ship with the December subscription shipment, and so on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
h2daddy wrote:
Another question. I ordered the base set and add on from Cool Stuff Inc. should be here Monday. Anybody ordered from them? Will I get promo cards with that order or do I need to buy add on deck from Paizo and send the deck back to CSI?
Actually, I got my base set and character pack from CSI and I got the Poog of Zarongel promo (did not get Fire Sneeze).

I was considering getting the subscription to Paizo as well for the rest of the promos, but Amazon has the next pack for $15ish, and I'm already Prime. Paizo came out to about $22.50, and I just wasn't sure the extra ~$7 was worth one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Steam userMicrobadge: INTJ: MastermindMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: Ultima fanMicrobadge: NES fan
leshrac55 wrote:

I was considering getting the subscription to Paizo as well for the rest of the promos, but Amazon has the next pack for $15ish, and I'm already Prime. Paizo came out to about $22.50, and I just wasn't sure the extra ~$7 was worth one card.
It might be if you think you'll ever want the card(s). They're going for about $20-30 each on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
The other factor I seemed to grasp, is that you get your Mailer before the release date. So for me, that was worth the $7, considering the promos are ungodly high, and you get it early... yeah...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Microbadge: Level 17 BGG posterMicrobadge: Louisiana State UniversityMicrobadge: Low Player Count: a podcast about games for 1-2 playersMicrobadge: The Colonists (Die Kolonisten) fanMicrobadge: Musician
Anyone know when AP 2 is getting mailed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Anyone know when AP 2 is getting mailed?
According to my subscription, it should be mailed by October 18th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horace Darksaber
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
False. I received Poog in a bag taped to my game box from coolstuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff H

Greeneville
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My order from CSI should be here Wednesday. I hope it has both. I signed up for the subscription and had them start with add on pack so that I can get the cards. According to an email from Paizo, that will be charged to my card with the first expansion on Thursday. Hopefully I get them from CSI and I can cancel with Paizo so I don't have to get rid of an add on deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pathfinder Society MemberMicrobadge: Resident of AlterimMicrobadge: I got lost in the MargreveMicrobadge: I'm a 7-year veteran of an active PbF RPG!Microbadge: Level 20 RPGG poster
ViolentNny wrote:
False. I received Poog in a bag taped to my game box from coolstuff.
You were one of the lucky ones. I have seen some people post they got the promo, and others did not from CSI. They seem to include it randomly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did go with the Paizo subscription. I'm not rabid about promos, but I do like them. I also figure I don't mind paying a few bucks premium so Paizo gets the retail sale over Amazon or Cool Stuff. (Incidentally, I ordered the base and the character pack from Cool Stuff. No promos.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff H

Greeneville
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My base set and character add on just got here from CSI and I got Poog only.Guess I will still get the character add on with my subscription so that I get both cards. Hate to deal with ebay but should be able to sell my extra character add on deck and extra Poog card there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Eldritch Horror: Cities in Ruin fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror: Dreamlands fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror: Forsaken Lore fan Microbadge: Eldritch Horror: Mountains of Madness fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror: Masks of Nyarlathotep fan
I wrote my concern to Paizo, but want to ask here to see if anyone received the same message.

I'm planning to do the subscription route, starting with Skinsaw. At checkout I get this message:

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game—Promo Card: Blessing of Zarongel~ was removed from your shopping cart because it is not available.

Why would I get that message? Is it because the promo is a pre-order and I will receive it once The Skinsaw Murders adventure pack is released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Microbadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: I backed Cthulhu: Death May Die on Kickstarter!Microbadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Hanabi & Ikebana fan
h2daddy wrote:
My base set and character add on just got here from CSI and I got Poog only.Guess I will still get the character add on with my subscription so that I get both cards. Hate to deal with ebay but should be able to sell my extra character add on deck and extra Poog card there.
I didn't think there was an option to start a subscription with the character add-on, so you may want to look into that. You either start with the base game and character pack, or with adventure pack 2. I don't believe there is an in-between option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
WHERE IS JA?!
badge
Help me Ja Rule
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
h2daddy wrote:
I didn't think there was an option to start a subscription with the character add-on, so you may want to look into that. You either start with the base game and character pack, or with adventure pack 2. I don't believe there is an in-between option.
Nope, you can totally start with the character add-on only. It's what I did and I got both promos from it

Edit: you had to message Paizo support and tell them you want to start your subscription with the character add-on not the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
I wrote my concern to Paizo, but want to ask here to see if anyone received the same message.

I'm planning to do the subscription route, starting with Skinsaw. At checkout I get this message:

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game—Promo Card: Blessing of Zarongel~ was removed from your shopping cart because it is not available.

Why would I get that message? Is it because the promo is a pre-order and I will receive it once The Skinsaw Murders adventure pack is released?
I got the same message and asked customer service about it. Here was their reply:
Paizo Customer Service wrote:
There is currently an error with the Adventure Card Game subscription that is causing that display issue you are describing. Let us know once you have submitted your subscription and we would be happy to make sure the 3rd promo card gets into your order.

A subscription beginning with the Skinsaw Murders will receive the 3rd promo and you will continue to receive a promo card with each release. If you would like to begin your subscription with either the Base Set or Character Add-On deck, just let us know after you have signed up for the Skinsaw Murders and we can add those items as well as the first 2 promo cards to your order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls