Subject: sleeved 'em in 2 colors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank
United States
Sicklerville
NJ
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: I play Dominion with all the expansions mixed in.Microbadge: Hanabi fan
I used Dragon Shields. To handle the scheme where heroes get mixed into the villains, I added some playing cards to the same sleeves. When you draw one, just flip over a hero instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bakke
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using Blue Sleeves for the Hero cards and White sleeves for Villains since shortly after playing the game for the first time. When it comes to the Schemes where Heroes go in the Villain deck (or vice-versa), I put those cards next to the appropriate deck. At the beginning of each player's turn (or whenever a draw is required), he rolls a d6. On a roll of 6, the special card is drawn from the top of its deck. On any other roll, a normal card is drawn from its deck. To make sure the odds of drawing the special card remain true, we'll reroll an initial roll of 1 (or rolls of 1 or 2) depending on how many total cards are in that deck.

This system works out quite well for us and keeps us from having to use duplicate cards in different sleeves or having to change sleeves for that scheme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hendrickson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JerseyFrank wrote:
I used Dragon Shields. To handle the scheme where heroes get mixed into the villains, I added some playing cards to the same sleeves. When you draw one, just flip over a hero instead.
I just imagine someone coming across that without knowing how that works. "And the Villain attacking the city is...the nine of clubs. What the hell?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: GeekChatterMicrobadge: Rush fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: Rainbow
Of course, Professor X can add a villain to your hero decks, and it's likely we'll see more crossover in the future...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls