Frank
United States
Sicklerville
NJ
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: I play Dominion with all the expansions mixed in.Microbadge: Hanabi fan
Dr. Doom
Midtown Bank Robbery
8 Scheme Twists
1 Master Strike
1 full deck of 8 villains (Enemies of Asgard)
3 Henchmen cards from 1 henchmen deck (Savage Land Mutates)
3 full Hero decks (Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man)

I got destroyed. It seemed like the villains deck went way too fast. I never even touched Dr. Doom! Before I knew it, the game was over in a draw. I added up my points. 26, less the 24 points for the twists = 2 points.

Did I set something up wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you forget the 12 bystanders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
United States
Sicklerville
NJ
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: I play Dominion with all the expansions mixed in.Microbadge: Hanabi fan
Just 1 bystander according to solo rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No..the 1 bystander is as per the normal setup. You still need to add the 12 bystanders as defined by the scheme...that is how I play it solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurn
Netherlands
Barendrecht
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12 total bystanders instead of the default setup of 1 for solo, its the scheme special rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the scheme card (or any card for that matter) contradicts the rule book, always go with the card. Also, Scheme cards trump Masterminds (this applies for the "Always leads" function).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T P
msg tools
I've also noticed that the Bank Robbery scheme is actually really difficult. Cap, Hulk and Iron Man are also in that mid-range of costs... most of their cards cost 4 or more to recruit, so that could also be challenging. Generally, it's a good idea to try and have a nice curve from low to high. Or just a bunch of low-cost heroes. I believe something like Spiderman, Black Widow and Gambit make a good team. Of course, that's really to just give you a good idea of how solo play goes. Ideally, you'd be able to play whichever combination you want to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls