Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentlemen,

I just download the pnp version and tried this game : I pre ordered it right after !

A question arise, because we do not know the Nasca rules, at all.

If a yellow flag happened in the event phase, and nobody chooses to pit, does a Restart procedure is done or not ?

Another thing. The event card was collision ( I think). It ask to resart immediatly. The cars are set on the track according the procedure.
In this case, what happens to the lapped car ? Are they removed, even if it makes "holes" ( due to their removing) in the Start Line ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:
Gentlemen,

I just download the pnp version and tried this game : I pre ordered it right after !

A question arise, because we do not know the Nasca rules, at all.

If a yellow flag happened in the event phase, and nobody chooses to pit, does a Restart procedure is done or not ?

Another thing. The event card was collision ( I think). It ask to resart immediatly. The cars are set on the track according the procedure.
In this case, what happens to the lapped car ? Are they removed, even if it makes "holes" ( due to their removing) in the Start Line ?
Even if no one pits, a restart still happens (i.e. Everyone gets bunched back up...that's why you're really rooting for a yellow flag sometimes to pull your cars that fell far behind back into the pack...

If a car is lapped at the end of the round, it is immediately removed and awarded the appropriate placement token. There should never be holes on a restart...all cars should be in a large pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that yellows saved lapped cars, ie, they just go to the back of the pack...? Did I miss something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I thought that yellows saved lapped cars, ie, they just go to the back of the pack...? Did I miss something?
No, you're correct...i wasn't clear...lapped cars are removed at the end of the round...yellow flags do save them and they go in the back in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Lapped cars are saved at a restart but moved to the back of the restart pack. The track is bunched up for the restart and people are then allowed to pit or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dodge
United States
PACIFIC PALISADES
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:
Correct. Lapped cars are saved at a restart but moved to the back of the restart pack. The track is bunched up for the restart and people are then allowed to pit or not.
Hello! I just received my copy of the game today and after reading the rules, I just needed one clarification: The decision to pit during yellow flags is done after the cars are bunched up. The pitting cars are then added to the back of the group. It doesn't explicitly say to rebunch the cars, so do pitting cars during a yellow leave holes in the restart line?

Thanks!
RJD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No it's not explicitly stated that way but the next part covers all the pitted cars go back into the restart but at the back. So it's bunch up, pit cars, cars still out move up to fill open spots in restart order then cars come out of the pits in order to fill the remainder of the restart grid. After a restart, the grid will look like the first start, just with cars in a different order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rjdodge wrote:
Jeff Horger wrote:
Hello! I just received my copy of the game today and after reading the rules, I just needed one clarification: The decision to pit during yellow flags is done after the cars are bunched up. The pitting cars are then added to the back of the group. It doesn't explicitly say to rebunch the cars, so do pitting cars during a yellow leave holes in the restart line?

Thanks!
RJD
I have the same question, so to clarify is this right for a yellow flag?

1) cars bunch up from the leader in track position order back, place lapped cars at the back of the pack.
2) make pit stops.
3) re bunch cars that did not pit.
4) add pitted cars to back of pack.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Acieeeeeeeed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon, that sounds right to me, or at least it's how I've been handling yellow flags!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
planetm wrote:
Simon, that sounds right to me, or at least it's how I've been handling yellow flags!
Thank-you I'm much happier now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhox wrote:
rjdodge wrote:
Jeff Horger wrote:

Thanks!
RJD

1) cars bunch up from the leader in track position order back, place lapped cars at the back of the pack.
2) make pit stops.

Thanks.
And there are two times in that sequence when you award lap leader tokens. Once during step 0 (before the cars are bunched) and once in step 5 (after pitted cars are added to the back). Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WonderCinz wrote:
rhox wrote:
rjdodge wrote:
Jeff Horger wrote:

Thanks!
RJD

2) make pit stops.

Thanks.
And there are two times in that sequence when you award lap leader tokens. Once during step 0 (before the cars are bunched) and once in step 5 (after pitted cars are added to the back). Is that correct?
That is exactly how I read it to, I do believe that it correct.
End of turn sequence; award tokens to all cars in lead sector.
After all cars have pitted and reformed for a restart award token to just the lead car, one closest to inside in front sector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if it's a different car, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Only if it's a different car, though.
Kind of thought it in my head but didn't make it clear in my post,
Thanks for pointing it out.
Can't wait to play again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dyrda
United States
Hawthorn Woods
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rhox wrote:

2) make pit stops.

Thanks.
Think of a REAL race for the theme and process. Yellow bunches cars, they pit, they come out of the pits STILL UNDER a yellow and are rebunched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, note that any cars tied for first place ALL receive Turn Leader markers. Even though the inside-most car gets to be First Player for the next round, all cars in that sector, the cars abreast of the First Player car, will receive the marker.

I missed this in my first game.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls